Rockwell Offers Free Batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockwell Offers Free Batteries

It seems Rockwell is now joining RIDGID by offering free replacement batteries for life.

http://www.rockwelltools.com/

Re: Rockwell Offers Free Batteries

Did ya see where to buy these Rockwell tools. Harbor freight is one of them. LOL Not exactly the old Rockwell we knew.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

It also said it's a limited time offer.
      Free Batteries for Life >>

LIMITED TIME OFFER: Lifetime free replacement batteries for selected cordless Rockwell and Shop Series tools.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Ridgid's is for a limited time as well:

LIFETIME SERVICE AGREEMENT FOR RIDGID® HAND HELD POWER TOOLS, STATIONARY POWER TOOLS AND PNEUMATIC TOOLS
        In addition to the 3-Year Limited Service Warranty currently included with RIDGID® Brand Hand Held Power Tools Stationary Power Tools, and Pneumatic Tools, purchasers of these products may elect for a limited time to receive a free Lifetime Service Agreement. To accept this Lifetime Service
        Agreement, you must register your product and submit proof of purchase as described below. The Lifetime Service Agreement provides the original owner of qualifying RIDGID® Brand tools a lifetime of free replacement batteries, free service and free replacement parts subject to the limitations set
        forth below.

The Lifetime Service Agreement is available free of charge, for a limited time commencing April 15, 2005, on all RIDGID® Brand hand held power tools, stationary power tools and pneumatic tools, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Customers have 90 days from date of purchase to
        register tools for the Lifetime Service Agreement.

Comment

You're right, I've read Ridgid's LLSA Agreement more than once but the "for a limited time" part never made it to my memory bank.

I wonder how someone with a dead battery will go about getting a replacement. It sorta looks like they'll have to mail the dead one back to Rockwell but maybe not.

SERVICE AGREEMENT COMMUNICATIONS

All Lifetime Free Replacement Batteries Agreement communications should be directed to Rockwell Power Tools, c/o Fox International, 23600 Aurora Rd., Bedford Heights, OH 44146, attn: Rockwell® Free Replacement Battery Program or call our customer care center (toll free) at 1-866-514-7625.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I've never heard of Rockwell. Quality tools or run of the mill? Kinda scares me when I see Harbor Freight attached to it....free batteries or not.
            Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Rockwell used to be one of the "biggies" !! They actually did the original pioneering work on double insulation. I can remember in high school, while the Earth was still cooling, that we had a bunch of Rockwell stationary tools in Wood Shop. You can still find some of the big boys on eBay. The thing I remember about their handheld drills, was the strange green plastic/nylon.

Rip

Comment

I haven't looked at the link, so I don't know what "Rockwell" this is.

But, from 1974 until 1980 I was a draftsman and then designer for Rockwell International's Power Tool Division in Bellefontaine, Ohio. We made the table saws, drill presses, lathes, etc. that y'all had in your high school wood and metal shops. These tools were previously known as Delta Tools. Ring a bell?

Rockwell bought Delta and Porter Cable some time earlier, and was selling both under the Rockwell International brand. Then in 1980, things went to pot, and most divisions closed (mostly due to foreign competition.) Several years later, Pentair Corp bought Delta and P-C from Rockwell, and reinvigorated the line. Now they are both owned by one of the big conglomorates. (TTI? B&D? I forget which one.) The factory in Bellefontaine was empty for many years, and then was a storage facility for Honda Marysville.

Back in their heyday, Delta (Rockwell) and Porter-Cable were the Gold Standard in the power tool business. Under Pentair's ownership, they both again became top tier companies.

Having said that, I have no idea what Rockwell is making today in the power tool market, or if it is even part of Rockwell International.
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

A few concerns.

1. This isn't the original Rockwell company. It will take time to see if this will be a quality effort or just rebadged junk.

2. How long will this company be around? Will you ever get to partake of the free batteries? Will it be one of those deals where the batteries are free but you have to pay $25 dollars in shipping and handling?

3. What is the size of the battery? I've seen a lot of cheaper tools with very small batteries. For example the Kawasaki drills sold at Costco have wimpy 1.3 amp hour batteries. In comparison, the Ridgid MaxHC are 1.9 amp hour and the Ryobi OnePlus are 1.7 amp hour. Most of the better brands now sport 2 amp hour plus batteries, like the Ridgid Max2.5 and the Panasonic and Hitachi 3 amp hour batteries.

Comment

Nope, not the "real" Rockwell.

http://www.rockwelltools.com/about.htm
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                    X