Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MSUV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: New MSUV

    One of the things I like about this one is that the orange rails look adjustable. Having a small shop I use the old MSUV for my lunchbox planer, miter saw, mini-lathe, spindle sander and benchtop shaper.

    I have everything mounted on 3/4" MDF but never drilled the holes to mount them to the MSUV and just use some quick clamps to hold the tools steady.

    The nice things about the orange rails is you probably wouldn't have to make a base for each tool.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: New MSUV

      Hey guy's.I don't know if you picked up on this or not but in the above pics ,you will notice that one of the wheels is not mounted correctly on the new MS-UV.One wheel is mounted on the inside of the stand and the other is mounted on the outside.Looks like this picture was taken on the floor of a HD store to boot.Fire that HD tool guy!Probably explains why I have 2 different HD stores local to me that have 2 different interpretations of what the Ridgid tool warranty is.You would think that HD would train its people better than that.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: New MSUV

        Originally posted by sandking View Post
        One of the things I like about this one is that the orange rails look adjustable. Having a small shop I use the old MSUV for my lunchbox planer, miter saw, mini-lathe, spindle sander and benchtop shaper.

        I have everything mounted on 3/4" MDF but never drilled the holes to mount them to the MSUV and just use some quick clamps to hold the tools steady.

        The nice things about the orange rails is you probably wouldn't have to make a base for each tool.
        Yeah, the orange rails are mounting brackets that come off by flipping up a lever.
        I actually have two sets of the rails because I ended up having to exchange my first AC9944 MSUV because the latch that holds the wheel section in place when it is folded up for storage wasn't latching and when I returned it I forgot to take the rails back with it, so now I have two sets which is nice, because it will make it easy for switching out tools.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: New MSUV

          I got me the the last old type today. Could not pass it up for $99. Got it because some of you guys said you like it. Thanks. Wont need it for a while so it will stay in the box for a while.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: New MSUV

            I haven't even seen the old one! Guess were a little backwards here

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: New MSUV

              Originally posted by mcarr184 View Post
              here are the pictures of the new MSUV weight 96lbs. and thats before the saw is added
              pretty cool..

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: New MSUV

                Well after 3 returns of the old style MSUV and a further inspection of a fourth one in the store(factory defects,poor QC inspection) with a Home Depot associate,I can honestly tell you that the new version of the MSUV leaves the old one in the dust by a country mile.After waiting for what seemed like an eternity,the new AC9944's finally arrived here in Ottawa,Canada.Price?$199.After assembling both versions of this stand,I can tell you that the Ridgid engineers did a super job on improving the MSUV.They pretty well addressed all the issues that really P.O'd me about the first stand.This stand is a lot more versatile and quite frankly,overall better engineered without a shadow of a doubt.It has less play in it and the tolerances and quality control are drastically improved.I was quite impressed by this unit and the extra money I spent to acquire the new AC9944 was money well spent and well worth the wait.Two thumbs up (and both toes) from this tool scrutinizing wood worker.Way to go Ridgid!!Thanks for making a good idea even better.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: New MSUV

                  I really like the old one. No obvious manufacturing defects on mine. Perhaps mine was manufactured in a different facility.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: New MSUV

                    Originally posted by Disaster View Post
                    I really like the old one. No obvious manufacturing defects on mine. Perhaps mine was manufactured in a different facility.
                    Yours must have been made in the same facility where mine was made as mine has been flawless.

                    Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: New MSUV

                      Mine also must have come from that same factory as it too was put together flawlessly. Beauty and functionality being in the eyes of the beholder, and after comparing the new one to my old one, I'll take the old design every time.
                      ================================================== ====
                      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: New MSUV

                        Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        Mine also must have come from that same factory as it too was put together flawlessly. Beauty and functionality being in the eyes of the beholder, and after comparing the new one to my old one, I'll take the old design every time.
                        Ditto, we use two of them and looking for more.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: New MSUV

                          I've tested a good number of these stands and the new MSUV is the best one yet. Easy and fast set-up and real easy to move around. Big wheels make it easy to climb stairs and I really like that you can slide the saw (or planer) anywhere along the bed. And better than 10' of length when extended.
                          There is a solid surface flat bed that is great for holding tools like a pencil, tape and others.
                          Graham McCulloch
                          http://www.shortcuts.ns.ca

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X