X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New MSUV

I'm surprised no one here is talking about this yet. Looks nice. There is a discussion and pics about it on the Fine Homebuilding board. I mentioned seeing it last week in another MSUV discussion but no one replied about it. It looks more like the kind of mount on the Dewalt. $169. Didn't see it set-up just the box. At first I thought the price on the old ones went back up because the boxes look almost the same but after seeing the $99 ones on the other side of the isle, I realized by the pic on the box, they were the new style.

Re: New MSUV

Originally posted by gtrjunkie View Post
    I'm surprised no one here is talking about this yet. Looks nice. There is a discussion and pics about it on the Fine Homebuilding board. I mentioned seeing it last week in another MSUV discussion but no one replied about it. It looks more like the kind of mount on the Dewalt. $169. Didn't see it set-up just the box. At first I thought the price on the old ones went back up because the boxes look almost the same but after seeing the $99 ones on the other side of the isle, I realized by the pic on the box, they were the new style.

There's a new style?
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Comment

I'm surprised to say I haven't heard of this. Although i knew something was up since the old MSUV sku was on clearance and not just on ad like it normally is when it goes down to $99. Can't wait to see if we got this new style when i get to work next. Any hopes of posting a pic if you've got one gtrjunkie?

Comment

here are the pictures of the new MSUV weight 96lbs. and thats before the saw is added
        Attached Files
        American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Looks nice, I'll have to go check it out. Not that I would be getting rid of my old one, I still like the old one. I guess you can say that now, the old one.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Wow, looks slick. I assume those bars coming out from the wheels are foot-actuated brakes? That'd be a nice feature to have. This is 11 lbs heavier than the "old" version. Not worth the difference in cost from the (now) $99 model, IMHO.

Comment

How is that the impact driver has been on the website for a month and it is still not in store. And the new MSUV hasn't even made it to the website and it is already in stores. I just don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by mcarr184 View Post
                here are the pictures of the new MSUV weight 96lbs. and thats before the saw is added
                Are those orange slides adjustable attachment points for the saw? I looks like they allow you to quickly adjust for different miter saws. That would be nice for the initial setup. I had to drill some holes to line up my Makita. But I doubt I'd ever take the saw off after the initial installation. One of the whole reasons for the table is to transport and work with the saw...once it is married to the table it will stay together till one or the other breaks.

Comment

Disaster,
                  If you mount your miter saw to 3/4 inch ply or MDF, you can then set up modular system with your MSUV. Mount your jointer or planer the same way. Even a bench grinder or drill press if you're strapped for space in workshop or garage. Everything can have the same standardized bolt holes. Then use bolts with wing nuts (or even C-clamps or cowboys) to hold the mount boards to the MSUV. Voila, in seconds you can strip out one tool and set up another. Works real slick on a jobsite where you may not use a portable planer all day long, but need it mounted occasionally. Just a thought.
                  Jim Don
                  PS, and yes, if you've only got one use for your MSUV as a stand for MS, then bolt er down and rock 'n roll.

Comment

Boy I sure cannot figure out why this Forum is the last to know about the new stand.
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                      Wow, looks slick. I assume those bars coming out from the wheels are foot-actuated brakes? That'd be a nice feature to have. This is 11 lbs heavier than the "old" version. Not worth the difference in cost from the (now) $99 model, IMHO.
                      The bars at the bottom are just that, bars. Actually you place your foot there for raising and lowering it.

It did feel heavy and personally (as of tonight, my first experience with the new one) if you offered me either, Id take the old one.

Comment

Mind if I ask why you'd prefer the old model to the new one? Just curious...

Comment

This 'new model' was posted on bt3central a little over a week ago. One person (in TX I believe) got the new model for $99 w/out even knowing it. The store had them marked incorrectly and didn't know there was a new model out....

Comment

I definately notice the weight increase when standing the new one up (like a wheelbarrow) The first side to drop down doesnt seem to drop as easily. I played around with it a few more times at work today and it hasnt grown on me yet.

Comment

I finally got to see the new one, looked at it closely. I still like the old one much more. The old one seems more stable.
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X