Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

Originally posted by Huntsman View Post
    Well I found out Monday that I will be receiving a brand new reconditioned drill to replace my drill, should be shipped to the service center in a couple of weeks and then when they check it out to make sure it is OK, they will be shipping it to me. At least I know what I'm getting for Christmas.
    After you receive the reconditioned drill, I would give Customer Service a call and inquire as to what you have to do to transfer the LLSA protection from your original drill to the reconditioned drill. Even though recons don't usually qualify for the LLSA, in your case, I would make sure that this recon does qualify.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Huntsman,

Personally, I feel for your situation. I find it quite disappointing that this repair/service problem has taken you months, furthermore I find it rather callouse that Ridgid or TTI after reaching the conclusion that they will replace the tool with a "reconditioned" unit, it then takes more weeks for them to send it to you. At the very least, this should have been "over-nighted" to you.

While I am not in the trades, I can well understand why you wouldn't want to buy another Ridgid product. As a home owner and a hobbyist, I sure as heck wouldn't be happy to wait more than three or four weeks for a repair or replacement, and I sure wouldn't be happy if the replacementment arrived, looking any worse than my original tool. (I hope that's not the case, but some of the "reconditioned" tools I've seen in HD, look like they've been found in a landfill.)

This kind of experience stinks in my opinion. Really, it brings one to seriously question the whole LLSA subject. If Ridgid is going to allow licensing of their brand name, I think it needs to sharpen up this warranty process. I would fully expect that "service" be exactly that..."SERVICE". Having a customer wait for months is not what I would call any kind of service. Indeed, it's more like the company is troubled to react to a failed product, getting around to answering the customer's concern only in their own good time.

Very disappointing Ridgid,

CWS

Comment

Just got my 12" MS saw back from the repair shop today. Took about one month for them to get the replacement parts.

Comment

I'm glad you got it back as quick as you did, I knew they couldn't possibly make everybody wait as long as I have been waiting. I just hope my batteries aren't dead when (if) the drill finally (ever) gets here.

Comment

It has been three weeks since I was told (by Ridgid Customer Service) that I would be receiving a replacement drill. I have yet to receive the replacement, I have not heard another word regarding the replacement from Customer Service or anyone at the Service Center. I hate using the word "service" so much in this post, especially since no one at Ridgid seems to know what it means.

What has it been now...five months without a drill? It has been gone so long now I can't honestly remember. Sad. Is this the best Ridgid has to offer it's customers who bought in on their hype? Maybe I should re-read the fine print...maybe it said I would spend a lifetime trying to 'get' service for their products.

Comment

I'd call Ridgid Customer Support everyday and ask to speak to a supervisor for a updated status to your problem. It's a pain but keep calling everyday!

Comment

UPDATE: The service center has received my reconditioned drill and I plan to pick it up Friday morning. This would have been great news had it happened a few months ago, instead I will now pick it up being a very disappointed customer.

Sadly after it was all said and done, the cost to Ridgid was the same. Whether it was done four months ago or this week, it made no difference to the company's bottom line. The only real problem with this approach to customer service is that missed future sales do affect the bottom line.

Comment

Registered on 3/26, got a an e-mail this week and the TS is now on the lifetime warranty. May be they are now more efficient than before.

Comment

Originally posted by markts30 View Post
                    I have one even better for you - took a 1 yr old ridgid cordless drill in for service work...
                    This was on Feb 12/07 - Called today (April14th - over 60 days) and it STILL is not ready for me to pick up (and they cannot give me a time frame) - ...
                    Guess what...
                    Still no drill - still no time frame...
                    Finally got some help from Ridgid though - they are going to be sending me a replacement drill for the one still waiting for parts....
                    I cannot believe that the one I took in in Feb is still waiting for parts...
                    Ridgid is going to have to step up soon and get this situation rectified or they are going to lose customers...

Comment

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post
                      Registered on 3/26, got a an e-mail this week and the TS is now on the lifetime warranty. May be they are now more efficient than before.
                      Interesting.

I registered on-line 3/9 & sent required copies of receipts & UPC's Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested & know for a fact it was signed for & received on 3/13.

STILL no Lifetime Service Agreement for me. What the heck!!!

Comment

am pretty sure someone in customer service is looking at these complaints posts.. hello ridgid!!

Comment

Bigscore,

I'd give them a call and ask them what is the hold-up. It took about three months to register the stuff I sent in back in January. I'd say your time is a bit overdue. Give them a call!

CWS

Comment

I still haven't seen my lifetime service agreement papers from early January for my Ridgid Router combo, nor my papers for my Ridgid Planer I bought back in March. Of course I snail mailed mine in, but... Guess I'll have to call too.
                            No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Originally posted by 9.5 fingers to go View Post
                              I still haven't seen my lifetime service agreement papers from early January for my Ridgid Router combo, nor my papers for my Ridgid Planer I bought back in March. Of course I snail mailed mine in, but... Guess I'll have to call too.
                              It took 6 months to get my little card with the Lifetime registration number on it mailed to me.
                              Bill
                              Wait till you talk to me in person ... it gets worse!

Comment

That is just a little longer than some have had to wait for their tools to be repaired, look on the bright side, at least you have a tool to use while waiting on the paper work. Great products Ridgid, hope you never have to use the warranty.

Comment

Working...
                                X