X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

Purchasing a product with Lifetime Warranty banners hung everywhere, and sales people who know little about the specifics they should know about regarding the products their company sells; hype over substance comes to mind.
    When you purchase a product that states it comes with a Lifetime Warranty;said warranty should automatically convey with that purchase. Not all the confusion I see on this website and the few who say,' I got mine, don't see what all the complaining is about.' If you are going to extend a warranty extend it automatically, stop all the confusion. Be a company that stands out, not like so many today that don't. Your product comes with a LIFETIME Warranty than the warranty is automatic,simple.

Comment

TJW,

A may be a matter of semantics, but it isn't a lifetime "warranty". The warranty is three years, which is as good, if not better than most of the tool brands. The "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" is a fairly simple process; but, it requires the purchaser to "register" the tool and to varify that it was a purchase from the authorized retailer, which is Home Depot.

While I can relate to those who put the registration off (I too am a bit of a procrastinator), I can't see what the fuss is about regarding the thinking that the LLSA should be automatic.

First off, having a legitimate registration program that works is a very good benefit for any company that markets products. It not only provides a necessary contact point should a recall ever be necessary, but it also provide customer data that can be beneficial for future transactions like product survey, service center expansion, or just general market demographics.

Second, there appears to be a pretty good black market of Ridgid products through places like E-bay. These appear to be products that profiteers breakdown from combo sales, as well as just general used tools, and even factory re-conditioned tools. Can we really expect a company to automatically have every available tool, no matter what its source, be covered by a "lifetime warranty"? I wouldn't think so! Likewise, having no control over retail outlets, opens the door to counterfeit products. This can kill a companies service as well as it's reputation.

I have no problem with Ridgid's (actually TTI's) warranty or their requirements for qualifying for the LLSA. The only fault that seems prevelant is that service takes too long and parts are not readily available.

CWS

Comment

I went ahead and bought the impact driver and what a great tool. I think I am stuck with 2 drills that will never get any use accept for drilling-LOL. By the way if you ever need to buy a grinder the rigdid 41/2 inch is a great little grinder. I picked one of them up as well.

Comment

Wrote a nice response to Quickster, and when I went to preview I was told I was not logged on, as I looked at the, hello tjw. I guess this goes to the complaints of website efficiency.

Bottom line is, you buy the tool from an authorized retailer and that purchase should convey the LLSA automatically. Stop with all the extra steps.

Comment

Originally posted by tjw View Post
            Bottom line is, you buy the tool from an authorized retailer and that purchase should convey the LLSA automatically. Stop with all the extra steps.
            Sorry, but I disagree. The criteria for participating in the LLSA Program is straight forward and simple. If someone doesn't like that then they should go play somewhere else.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Sorry, but I disagree. The criteria for participating in the LLSA Program is straight forward and simple. If someone doesn't like that then they should go play somewhere else.
              That simple format is what propelled Craftsman to the top of the market place. Ridgid is attempting a similar strategy and this website leaves a lot to be desired in the way it works. They like people though who will accept what they get, with no questions. "If you don't like it you should go play somewhere else," grow up dude. Word of mouth is one of the criteria listed by Ridgid in their questions, I am sure Ridgid does not want me or anyone else to, "go play somewhere else."
              Let me also add, that I am all for a company attempting to set a new level, be also willing to accept critique and adapt to it if it warrants consideration. In today's markets so much for so many is contract manufactured by a few companies, but , then again, quality for your product can be specified.
              Last edited by tjw; 07-31-2007, 01:22 PM. Reason: grammar, additional comment

Comment

First of all, I'm not quite sure who you were quoting when you posted, "If you don't like it you should go play somewhere else,", but I do know that it wasn't my statement. What I said was worded in such a way as not to be directed to anyone in particular.

The point I was trying to get across was that if anyone doesn't like the current LLSA Program than don't buy a Ridgid tool and whine about the LLSA after the fact. Go play in another tool companies playground by buying their tools and play by their rules.

The LLSA is what it is, period. No one who signs up for it is accepting anything with no questions asked. What they are doing is taking advantage of a program that no other tool manufacturer offers that I'm aware of and that includes Craftsman.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                  God, I am sorry, this quote above isn't from you; you appear to be incorrect. Also, I was referring to what Craftsman did for, hand tools. not power tools. Emerson is the one, attempting to raise the benchmark in power tools with the LLSA to increase market share or maybe it is just out of the goodness of their hearts. Never question anything, it is safer that way. Oh well, enough with this. Then again, it is one of the most discussed topics on this board. Ridgid s/b observing this.
                  Last edited by tjw; 07-31-2007, 03:43 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Bought the 18v Drill begiining of July 2007. Mailed recipts and info via registered mail. Confirmation recieved on July 17 2007. October 2007 Lifetime registration and confirmation not showing. Phoned customer service they said that "claims from June were just now being processed." If registration was not confirmed by November to give them a call. Well I guess they'll be getting a call tomorrow November 21st.
                    I would give them a call if I were you, but I wouldn't panic seems that they're a little behind... hope they catch up before Christmas... I've got a big wish list for Santa.
                    "There's no panic like the panic you momentarily feel when you've got your hand or head stuck in something."
                    Universal Truth #27

Comment

Originally posted by MadMonkey View Post
                      Bought the 18v Drill begiining of July 2007. Mailed recipts and info via registered mail. Confirmation recieved on July 17 2007. October 2007 Lifetime registration and confirmation not showing. Phoned customer service they said that "claims from June were just now being processed." If registration was not confirmed by November to give them a call. Well I guess they'll be getting a call tomorrow November 21st.
                      I would give them a call if I were you, but I wouldn't panic seems that they're a little behind... hope they catch up before Christmas... I've got a big wish list for Santa.
                      I purchased my 18V compact LI drill in July and the submitted the LSA immediately and received the LSA on 9/25. I purchased the R931 set in the first of Oct and have received the LSA already. Something would seem to be amis with yours. I have found a better response in communicating with Ridgid customer service via email as opposed to the tele. I would probably resubmit with a cover letter explaining the circumstances.
                      Of course maybe this is all a government conspiracy due to your money now stomping all over ours. Good luck and happy holidays....Ray
                      Last edited by roadrashray; 11-21-2007, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Although I have not read each and every response in this string, here is my personal update.

I bought my saw in 2003 and followed every instruction to the letter. I believe this was back when the original Limited Lifetime Rumor strings were on this board and many stated that they would not purchase from the first run, it's not an Emerson motor, foreign made saws, yada yada, yada...For me, it was the biggest bang for the buck with cast wings and a mobile base.

Never heard back from Ridgid by messenger, smoke signals, carrier pigeon, morse code, snail mail, etc on the status of my warranty.

Contacted Customer Service months after the fact when the bad arbor issues arose and determined that I inherited one based upon my serial number and the pictures posted on this board.

After numerous calls to find the appropriate party - A new arbor was sent out: no charge. The rep sounded confused (What's an arbor?) but I believe she felt sorry for me and my new toy at the time.

Busy traveling work schedule took additional time to set up an appointment with the nearest certified service center and required me to disassemble my carefully assembled and spec'd saw.

I packed a lunch, left early in the wee hours to get my arbor changed out in the "one" day I had available. Made the long journey to the service center and brought all photocopied documentation including strings on this forum relating to the problem. In my opinion, the service center man-handled the saw (I had to look away and go for coffee) but managed to get the arbor changed out for a $25 rush charge.

I read the title of this string and was moved to check and see the status of my warranty...

Still showing 3-Year Warranty with none of my other Ridgid tools showing.

Would love to see this updated but the saw still runs like a charm as do my other tools.

I think I'll go wax the old girl now...If problems arise I will certainly start the phone call process up again.

Cheers - Have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
                        Last edited by Dust Dawg; 12-28-2007, 02:27 PM.
                        "It's always something...That's how they getcha'..."

Comment

Working...
                        X