X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

This question is for everyone out there. How long did it take for your eBox to show the warranty extended from 3 years to lifetime. I purchased the R2930 Router before Christmas and the EB4424 Sander in January. Both have the Lifetime warranty and I completed the online claim form and mailed everything in. I have yet to hear anything from Ridgid, nor does my eBox show the updated warranty information. Is Ridgid just very slow or do they no longer offer the Lifetime warranty?

Re: Ridgid Lifetime Warranty

Bought the week after Christmas, eBox just updated last week.
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

3 1/2 months later, nothing was showing, so I called customer service, 3 days later life time shows up. Might help to call...
      This is one subject that just will not disappear from this forum. Everybody seems to be having problems, all you need to do is call customer service and confirm your warranty, or life time warranty. I got a feeling that everytime you visit your account, you will probably see something different, for what ever reason it may be. Keep your receipt and or records and you should be fine.
      Last edited by garager; 04-14-2007, 05:57 PM.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

When I purchased my 3650 two years ago, I knew nothing about the lifetime service. I sent in the warranty for the saw and never heard a word from Ridgid. A couple of weeks ago, I discovered an e-box account with a password that I would never have used to set up an account. I tried to activate the lifetime service to no avail, time limit expired?

I place Ridgid in the category of software registration, only used to generate more sales, not service the customer.

Comment

some of my stuff is now a year on more old and i still don't have anything but the 3 years, but i am also tired of fighting about as well,
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I have one even better for you - took a 1 yr old ridgid cordless drill in for service work...
            This was on Feb 12/07 - Called today (April14th - over 60 days) and it STILL is not ready for me to pick up (and they cannot give me a time frame) - seems like ridgid warantee may be good for life, but the tool is going to spend most of the time in the repair shop waiting to be serviced... I took a BOSCH hammer drill in for service (warantee) last year and they sent it to California to have the trigger set replaced and then BOSCH couriered it back to me within 10 days...
            The shop claims that RIDGID knows of the backlog but I am still without my drill - this is getting annoying enough I am going to switch brands soon if something can not be done...

Comment

I bought a TS3650 on 24-Dec-06. The entire registration process (from mailing receipt to getting eBox updated) took 78 days.

- djb
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

My last Ridgid purchases were registered 09 JAN 07 and were confirmed via E-mail and update to my E-Box on 04 APR 07.

So far I've registered about a dozen tools, and all have been posted to my E-box successfully (with the LLSA). I haven't had a need to send any of them in for service yet, so don't know how that will work out.

However, I did send in a Ryobi 3-base router set that was within 30 days of expirering (sp?). (Darn thing almost needed a strap wrench to adjust the base and the second base was unusable thanks to the locating pin improperly installed.) Both fixes were done and returned within 10 days.

I only mention this since my nearest service center is the same for both Ryobi and Ridgid and is about 150 miles away from me. I had bought this particular router on close-out, so it's been almost two years since its been on the market. If anything would have been a problem with parts, I would have suspected it to be an obsolete product, but maybe not.

If your service center is telling you it can't get the parts, I suggest you call Ridgid Customer Service and confirm that. A lot of these places are independant and in some instances, it may not be the manufacturer's problem.

Regarding the registration process, I'm not particularly trusting of the mail or process centers in general. When registering, I do the E-box first, and then include that information (My E-box ID number and the registration number is assigned to the particular tool) with my mail in registration. So my typed sheet includes my name, address, phone number, my E-box ID number, the tool model number, tool's serial number, it's E-box registration number, and the date I mailed it. Taped to the sheet is a copy of my register receipt (never send the original), and the original UPC that I have cut from the box.

I then scan that sheet into my computer, so that I have a record of everything, should the process center somehow NOT find it.

All that's a bit "anal" I suppose, but considering the concerns that I see posted, those extra efforts seem to have paid off for me.

CWS
                Last edited by CWSmith; 04-14-2007, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markts30 View Post
                  I have one even better for you - took a 1 yr old ridgid cordless drill in for service work...
                  This was on Feb 12/07 - Called today (April14th - over 60 days) and it STILL is not ready for me to pick up (and they cannot give me a time frame) - seems like ridgid warantee may be good for life, but the tool is going to spend most of the time in the repair shop waiting to be serviced... ...
                  Similar problem for me...took a battery in for replacement in October, almost three months later I finially get it back. One month later the brushes explode in the drill, take it in for service...I can't remember now how many weeks they have had it but it is no closer to getting repaired as it was the first week they had it...parts are still unavailable. Still waiting as the weeks go by.
                  Last edited by Huntsman; 04-23-2007, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post

If your service center is telling you it can't get the parts, I suggest you call Ridgid Customer Service and confirm that. A lot of these places are independant and in some instances, it may not be the manufacturer's problem.

CWS
                    I took your suggestion and contacted Ridgid Customer Support last night and was surprised to find a prompt and very professional response this morning. I believe with the aid of Ridgid Customer Support, my issue will soon be resolved. Thanks!
                    Last edited by Huntsman; 04-26-2007, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Well I guess I'll see how long it takes, took my 12" MS in for repair today and the shop said it could take anywhere from 4 to 12 weeks. They stated they get very poor response for parts and then it's if they get the correct parts. Just glad I don't need it everyday to make a living with a timeframe like that.

Comment

well I know with all the tools I bought right after christmass up untill 2 weeks ago only my 24v combo kit had the LLSA then 2 weeks ago I called customer service and they transfered me to the department that handled the LLSA told her I sent in everything that was requested and that my EBOX was only showing that they had the 3 year the lady right then and there turned all my products in my EBOX into LLSA. I checked when I got home and shure enough all of them now had the LLSA even my reconditioned table saw that I told her should have only a 1 year ( I was suprised ) LOL.
                        American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntsman View Post
                          I took your suggestion and contacted Ridgid Customer Support last night and was surprised to find a prompt and very professional response this morning. I believe with the aid of Ridgid Customer Support, my issue will soon be resolved. Thanks!

Maybe I was a little too optomistic...I'm without a drill and still waiting...waiting....waiting!

Comment

Well I found out Monday that I will be receiving a brand new reconditioned drill to replace my drill, should be shipped to the service center in a couple of weeks and then when they check it out to make sure it is OK, they will be shipping it to me. At least I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

Comment

After waiting four months and still without my Ridgid drill, with too many projects already being disrupted I had to break down and buy another drill. This time it wasn't orange and offered no lifetime warranty but it was less money and will serve my needs just as well.

Reflecting on my experience with Ridgid's darkside, a simple solution comes to mind...maybe Ridgid could change their pricing, offer two prices; one with the warranty and another without. At least I could justify buying orange again (still a quality tool) however I can see where a 'two price' marketing ploy might not be such an easy sell. I wonder how much the otherwise normal asking price is actually inflated just for the sake of offering a 'lifetime warranty'? I know the hype around the warranty in the stores makes it look like such a sweet deal and it would be if it went one step further. For instance if the service center fails to correct the problem in 30 days, they must replace it or buy it back. Now that would be a deal!

Comment

Working...
                              X