X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HD price drop on the 3650

It looks like it depends on the store and the people you get at the service desk.
    I drew the short stick when I went in this morning.

The store, where I bought my 3650 for $549 on April 2nd, says their policy is 7 days for a refund on a price drop. They could not show me that policy in writing when I asked to see it.

I will add that when I bought it I also bought a small belt sander to get the total above $600 and then got an instant rebate of $125. I also got another 10% off because I opened a new credit card account and I have 12 months to pay without interest.
    I'm not really upset about not getting the extra $50, just thought I'd try.

Jim

Comment

If you read my previous post on 4-18-07 you will see where I went to HD and got them to lower the price from $549 to $499 12 days after I had bought the 3560 and the Ridgid 18V drill and driver combo pack. Well, I was in HD yesterday and I saw they have lowered the price of the drill and driver pack from $189 to $129. My wife tried to talk me into going back to HD and asking for a refund of $60. I told her "no way" was I going to embarrass myself by asking for even more money back. Today my wife (gotta love her) went to HD and she got an additional $64 refund plus tax back. Plus, she still managed to keep the original $125 discount I got during the tool sale. So, in the end I ended up paying $625 for the 3650 and the 18V drill and driver combo pack less the $125 discount for a total of $500. In addition, I got a $100 gift card from American Express for making the purchase. I have now netted out at $400 for the whole deal. How cool it that?

Comment

In Canada, at least the Toronto area, Home Depot has it for $480 CDN. That price is good from May 17 to May 20.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasGuy View Post
          If you read my previous post on 4-18-07 you will see where I went to HD and got them to lower the price from $549 to $499 12 days after I had bought the 3560 and the Ridgid 18V drill and driver combo pack. Well, I was in HD yesterday and I saw they have lowered the price of the drill and driver pack from $189 to $129. My wife tried to talk me into going back to HD and asking for a refund of $60. I told her "no way" was I going to embarrass myself by asking for even more money back. Today my wife (gotta love her) went to HD and she got an additional $64 refund plus tax back. Plus, she still managed to keep the original $125 discount I got during the tool sale. So, in the end I ended up paying $625 for the 3650 and the 18V drill and driver combo pack less the $125 discount for a total of $500. In addition, I got a $100 gift card from American Express for making the purchase. I have now netted out at $400 for the whole deal. How cool it that?

WAY TO GO!!! Luckily my wife and I are always in agreement about getting the extra discounts and refunds. It's money IN your pocket, and the worst they can do/say is No.

Keep in mind, many vendors so this, but you do have to ask. I bought a Bosch 10" SCMS through Amazon. About a week or two later it was $25 cheaper. I hadn't even received mine yet and called them up. The CS rep I talked to said no problem and put a $25 credit back on my card. Considering the length of the phone call (about 5 minutes) I "worked" for a rate of $300/hour... not shabby compared to my day job.

And to continue the litany... Woodpecker.com sold me a 48" SERX for $89.95... a few days later it was on their e-specials list. Called, bam.. $15 credit waiting for me there.

Always ask!

Additionally, you can register for free to receive a 10% off HD coupon... you can also register your friends and family (with their permission!). Every tool I bought from HD was for 10% off...

Find enough bargains, and it all adds up to.. umm.. a new router.. or something.

Comment

Ridgid discontinued the 3612 when HD dropped the price to about $400 and then to $199. Looks like a replacement is on the horizon.
            The 3650 is a good saw, but for a little more money you can get alot more saw. Perhaps Ridgid realiizes this and will replace the 3650 with a hybrid at $600 or $650. Sears has a nice hybrid that can be had on sale for that price and sometimes better. Grizzly has a nice hybrid for $695. Both have a nicer fence too.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

479.20$ in Montreal QC, Canada. It is advertised in the flyer. From May 17 to may 20, 2007.

479.20$ until May 20
              599.00 until June 20
              799.00$ after.

Comment

Working...
              X