X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD price drop on the 3650

I was in the local Home Depot today and they have dropped the price on the 3650 table saw to $499.99. It didn't say sale or clearance, just price reduced.

Wonder if this is going to be like the MSUV where they dropped the price to get rid of stock before they bring out a new model?

Re: HD price drop on the 3650

The HD in Central NJ had the 3650 for $499 also. It was the last day of the power tools rebate, so I was able to get an extra $75 off that. The old-timer working there informed me that an extra 20% would be taken off for a commercial HD card. He stayed at the register to make sure that the rebate and 20% were correctly deducted (Thanks Gunner).

I walked out of the store with the saw for $360 with tax. I could not turn this down.

Shadow

"Most computer problems can be traced back to ID 10 T errors"
    ----------------------------
    "Most computer problems can be traced back to ID 10 T errors."

Comment

Originally posted by shadow View Post
      It was the last day of the power tools rebate, so I was able to get an extra $75 off that.

I walked out of the store with the saw for $360 with tax. I could not turn this down.
      ...and you didn't let us know on the 11th so others could grab the deal too...

maybe you did... and I just didn't see it.

Comment

I bought this saw 2 weeks ago @ $549 before deducting for the rebate.

Does HD have a price guarantee policy?

Jim

Comment

Don't know but there is a 90 day satisfaction guarantee. You could say you are dissatisfied with the price you paid and ask for the difference or you will bring the TS back.

Just a thought.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob,
            Nice thought but I like the saw and went through approx 6-8 hrs of assembly and adjustments. Also, this thing weighs almost 300 pounds.
            I won't make a threat if I'm not prepared to follow through on so I'll keep the saw regardless if they have a price guarantee or not.

Just looking to maybe get an extra 50 bucks back.

Jim

Comment

There is a 30 day price guarantee.

Comment

Jimh42, just take your original receipt to the return desk and they should make the adjustement without your having to haul the saw back to the store. That's what they did for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryD View Post
                  There is a 30 day price guarantee.
                  Nope, it's 11 days. I learned this the hard way. My wife bought me a
                  Ridgid gift for Christmas on December 11th and I obviously couldn't receive it until Christmas day. It was beyond their 11 day price match policy. I tried to explain the logic that since it was a present, I couldn't receive it before the 11 days expired and I felt they were punishing those people who shopped HD early. My problem was that I was trying to use logic instead of a 2x4 to get my point across. I lost the battle, but they lost the war.

What they forgot was their return policy. I guess they preferred to have the old tool returned for full credit and a new tool purchased for the lower price. It's always fun saying hello to your returned tool on the "open box clearance table". Freakin' Rocket Scientists!
                  Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Unless they just marked it back up the 3650 goes for $549 here. I stopped by HD today to take a look at the new MSUV, which of course they didn't have any, and noticed that the 3650 had a $549 price tag.

Oh yeah, I also noticed that they had a big display of GMC miter saws. I'm not sure if I remember this right or not but I think they were selling for $79. There are no Lowe's stores here but I though GMC was a Lowe's store brand.
                    Last edited by BadgerDave; 04-16-2007, 05:11 PM.
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Not too long ago I bought the 12" slider and after 21 days they dropped the price by $50. Had no problem in getting the price reduction. I have never heard of the 11 day policy.
                      Last edited by TerryD; 04-16-2007, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up on this... I bought the 3650 Easter Sunday @ $549 + 75 instate savings and Home Depot gave me 50 dollars back last night after speaking to the store manager about the price guarantee

Jamie

Comment

This forum is terrific and a real money saver. After reading these posts, I went to HD last night with my receipt for the 3650. I looked at the price in the tool area for the 3650 and sure enough, it now sells for $499. I went to the Return Desk, explained the situation, showed my receipt dated 04/05/07 (12 days ago), and she immediately refunded the $50 plus tax - didn't even call a manager. Thank you, Rocketman, for the heads up on the reduced price!
                          Last edited by VegasGuy; 04-18-2007, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Anyone know if the TS3650 is or will be on sale in Canada?

Comment

It just goes to show how much flexibility they have when they WANT to be helpful. When they don't, they can really be a pain in the neck!
                              Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Working...
                              X