X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miter saw problem

I own a MS 1250LZ 12" compound miter saw. Until recently, it worked beautifully, until... I was cutting a 2x4 and hit a nail. The blade completely stopped. I released trigger. Freed the blade. Now the saw makes a "labored" sound when I start it. It sounds like its not spinning as freely as it did prior. Any ideas what the problem could be???

Thanks

Re: Miter saw problem

The First thing You should do is remove the blade and reinstall it making sure your clamp washers, arbor nut and adapter are in good shape, also make sure the blade is not damaged. More than likely the inner clamp "washer" is bent and rubbing against the housing.

Comment

I checked the blade by removing it and it looks straight - reinstalled - It almost sounds like the electric brake is on while it's running - I'm sure it's not, but it definitiely sounds "different" after the nail incident. It makes more of a "whining" sound when it starts up

Comment

Originally posted by texan168 View Post
        The First thing You should do is remove the blade and reinstall it making sure your clamp washers, arbor nut and adapter are in good shape, also make sure the blade is not damaged. More than likely the inner clamp "washer" is bent and rubbing against the housing.
        While the blade is off run the saw and see how it sounds.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I am sorry to keep giving info in little "bits", but I did run it last night with the blade off and it makes the noise. I find it hard to believe that the one little mishap would screw the motor up this much. Anyway, I called a local repair shop who is licensed to repair Ridgid (still undr the 3 year warranty with 3 weeks to go) and I am bringing it there tomarrow - Just was wondering what it might be or if it will be covered under warranty

Comment

I am going to guess that the motor is ok and the problem is in the gearbox.
            SSG, U.S. Army
            Retired
            K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Check your drive belt it may have de-railed and riding off the pulley.
              worth a check

Comment

Originally posted by Davet View Post
                Check your drive belt it may have de-railed and riding off the pulley.
                worth a check
                He has the 1250 not the 1290
                SSG, U.S. Army
                Retired
                K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

ooops, sorry....

Comment

Working...
                  X