Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid parts on Craftsman

JOB DONE!!!!!

I called one of the places that Woussko suggested (10 minutes away from where I work by the way) and picked-up a pair of 6202-2RS-5/8 made by General Bearing Corp. $12 for the pair; tax inc. Another part number on the package is 6202-88-501. I couldn't wait until tonight so I took the afternoon off so I could get this done.

The new arbor and bearings are on!!!!!

I never knew what a flat bottomed dado looked like. It brought tears to my eyes. I cut up so many scraps, I gotta think of a new project so I can make some more!

For future reference for those looking to replace the arbor on your Craftsman/Emerson contractor saw with the the divot near the shoulder, get the arbor for the Ridgid TS3650, but find a pair of 6202 with a 5/8" I.D. that are sealed and you will have one heck of a nice cutting saw. Quieter and smooter too.

And for future reference, Woussko, YOU DA MAN!!! Thanks for your help.

Comment

You must have got them from one of the other places and did very well. Fixing up a machine so it runs the way it should is great and ohhhh the nice feeling to have things right for a change. Your next task is to make up something special and then tell about it and if you can post a picture or two. I'm glad this all worked out well.
      Last edited by Woussko; 04-23-2007, 05:06 AM.

Comment

You guys have no Idea how much you have helped me. I've had the dado problem for years on my Craftsman saw and just used a spacer next to the blade stop. My arbor has developed a little clicking noise prompting me to change the bearings. My search for the bearings led me to your post. Now I can kill two birds (old birds at that) with one stone. Thanks a million

Comment

Working...
        X