Ridgid AF2100 air cleaner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid AF2100 air cleaner

My local Home Depot selss these for $99. I cannot find this item on the ridgid or home depot.com sites. Is it discontinued???? If it is maybe I can get one on clearance eventually. I have the craftsman version wich works fine. I use the Delta ap-100 in my basement shop which helps guide air towards my jet afs 1000b. My crafsman is in the garage. I would like to get for my older brother who woodworks in a detached garage w/ no dust collection or air filter. He could use filtered air. He also smokes!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Ridgid AF2100 air cleaner

This link to another thread may help some. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=AF2100

Comment

This is a NEW item, actually. They discontinued a prior model (I don't know the number) and this is the new version. I have one, and it works pretty well. Like you, I couldn't find ANY information online. I saw it in a weekly circular a few weeks back and knew vaguely what it was because of the prior model discussions on this forum.

I have three comments about the AF2100:
      - The various mounting methods are pretty nifty and give you a lot of flexibility. You can mount it to the ceiling, even nestling it between joists. You can mount it vertically on a wall. And, of course, you can just set it on a table or the floor. I have mine on the floor, since I have low ceilings and wall space is at a premium.

- The noise level when on low is barely audible. I like that. The noise level on high is pretty loud... like a dull, windy roar.

- It's big! It's about 27" long, about 14" diameter and stands about 12" tall (diameter plus feet). It is a big, long orange tube. It has a large molded handle and weighs about 6-8 lbs.

Additionaly, no one in either of our HDs here in town had ANY clue where the heck these were, since the computer showed 2 in stock. I eventually found it myself, wandering the aisles, nestled under the cut off machine display.

It does not have any other features, such as a timer, remote or anything. Just a pull chain/string to turn it on high, on low, and off. There is a small light that indicates it is on.

Comment

It is amazing how little HD associates know. I'll wait and hope to get a buy. Thanks for the info everyone!!!!!!
        Last edited by Akita; 04-24-2007, 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

I just bought one of these units for $15 off of Craigslist. I figured it would assist in keeping the dust down for a very reasonable price. Does anybody know of a source for replacement filters? They are listed on the Ridgid site but none of the online vendors offer them for sale.

Comment

After the absolute worst phone menu system I have encountered to date I discovered that by calling 1-800-4ridgid and selecting their wet/dry vac menu choice you can order the filters and other parts for both the AF2100 and AF2000. Both use the same filters; the foam filter is $7 and the bag type filter is $23 with a $5 flat fee shipping charge. I hope this information helps others. Attached is a copy of the parts diagram.
            Attached Files

Comment

does any one know where i can get one of these? they have discontinued this item and i would like one.

thanks josh

Comment

Josh,

This is another "discontinued" product. I also wanted to buy this, but it was a product that I never saw until it got mentioned here on the forum. I checked with both of my local stores and neither had a listing. One "orange apron" said that he remembered getting one in the previous year (2006 or 2007)and that it sold immediately, and was never replaced as far as he knew.

This has happened a couple of time over the last few years (since 2003). I'll see a product mentioned, only to be disappointed because my HD's never had them, know nothing about them, and are now "discontinued". It's hard for me to know what is going on and whether it's something I can fault Ridgid for or whether it's actually Home Depot's fouled up system. I suspect the latter. Maybe someday Ridgid products will be more widely available, for as it is now thier exclusive retailer appears to fall short all too many times.

Bottom line... check E-Bay, Craig's List, or do a Google and maybe you'll luck out.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by joshuashu View Post
                  does any one know where i can get one of these? they have discontinued this item and i would like one.

thanks josh
                  Hi Josh,

After having that portable filter for over a year, I sold it on craigslist and bought a JET AFS-400.

Now, obviously there is a price difference, but I was not satisfied with the Ridgid. I have to take some blame given that I had it on the floor under my tablesaw's wing. That was about the only place I could put it. The sheer size of the unit was big, and being round it sort of didn't "nestle" anywhere. Putting it between my ceiling joists wasnt an option for me, unfortunately. That might've made a big difference.

Also, since it didn't have any type of auto-off I often wound up leaving it on accidentally overnight / for several days, which I didn't like doing. Consequently, I sometimes didn't turn it on if I thought it was going to be a quick night of work.

So, upgrading to the JET AFS-400. It's actually on sale lately / today, via Woodcraft for about $180. There's usually some rebates and free shipping codes or deals laying around. I scored mine for $189 and $75 in rebates. So in the end, it doesn't cost toooo more than the Ridgid did (retail: $99).

Now, you could find one second-hand for cheaper. But weigh the pros and cons. The dedicated air clean has three levels, multiple filters, a shorter, but wider, profile, multiple timer options and a remote!

Before I get banned from the Ridgid forum I'm a big fan, and have plenty of orange in my shop. But the AF-2100 was an item I wanted badly, searched fervently to get, and in the end wasn't satisfied. It worked fine/according to specs, but it wasn't enough for my shop and my lungs. YMMV.

This is among the various items that a lot of people can't figure out why Ridgid discontinued. Um... Herc-U-Lift plus is another!
                  (scored two of these in the last 3 months on the after-market. SO happy to put a proper mobile base under my planer and bandsaw!)

Comment

Working...
                  X