X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP15501 Pulley

I have the DP 15501 and the instructions state that the pulleys need to be at the same height. The center idler pulley slips into the head with no adjustment and sits about 1/8 low. The motor puller and spindle pulley seem to be in line. Does the idler pulley self-adjust?

Re: DP15501 Pulley

If the idler is sitting low, you might remove it and place a large washer as a shim to raise it up a little. I've read where people had issues with the motor being too high, but not what you have. 1/8" normally won't do much harm, but it is wise to get everything aligned as best you can.

Comment

Re: DP15501 Pulley

At higher RPMs the misalignment will contribute to vibration in the DP which could affect some operations. At the least it will have an affect on belt life. If you know it's out then why let it go? Fix it and be done with it. The washer shim suggestion will work if you can't align all three pulleys by adjusting the height of the outer two (quill pulley and motor pulley). I have an older Emerson made Craftsman DP which is basically the same as the RIDGID(Emerson made) DP.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
      X