X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Table Saw Belt

I need a favour, I have a customer who wants to know the dimensions of the belt off a TS3650 saw. I don't have any belts in stock and the drawings don't indicate size, if someone has a saw or knows the dimensions of the belt could you let me know. I would appreciate the info.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Corey
    CoMax Tools
    Authorized Ridgid Service Center

Re: TS3650 Table Saw Belt

If you happen to have a Bando catalog their model 417-J fits the Ridgid 3650. Maybe the dimensions are in the catalog.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The belt on my TS3650 says "420J Carlisle Poly-rib made in the USA" followed by the number 404.

Hope that helps.

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Thats all I needed.

Thanks very much for the help
        CoMax Tools

Comment

Originally posted by ComaxTools View Post
          I need a favour, I have a customer who wants to know the dimensions of the belt off a TS3650 saw. I don't have any belts in stock and the drawings don't indicate size, if someone has a saw or knows the dimensions of the belt could you let me know. I would appreciate the info.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Corey
          Corey
          Do youself and your customer a favor find out why he wants the belt length. I will bet someone has him convinced he can make his saw better by using a link belt. Tell him he doesn't need it that the belt on the his 3650 is superior to the link belt and solves every problem the link belt is said to have solved.

If he insists on going to a link belt remind him he also has to change the pulleys. This stops most experimenters dead in their tracks.
          Rev Ed

Comment

You must read minds. Thats exactly what he was on about. I told him to just stick with the factory belt and forget about the flavour of the week belt.

Thanks
            CoMax Tools

Comment

"Flavour of the week belt?!"Hardly!The Fenners Power Twist belt has been around for quite some time and is viewed by many serious woodworkers to be the belt of choice to put on any table saw.I've been using one on my tablesaw for over 14 years now and it has never given me a single problem since day 1.The big bonus for me was the reduction in vibration compared to the standard drive belt.You do NOT have to change your pulleys when using this belt either.If this was the case,why would anybody bother buying it in the first place?It wouldn't obviously be economically feasible to do this and i've never heard of anyone ever having to do it.All of my woodworking chums utilize this belt system not only on their tablesaws but also their bandsaws,drill presses as well.All with no pulley changes.With 3 different sizes available(3/8",1/2",5/8"),why would you have to?If you check out the Fenner Drives Power Twist web site under application:wood working,it will explain the benefits of using this system and why there is a difference between standard V belts.I haven't read a magazine review yet that didn't like this belt system.Any woodworker I have ever known or talked to over the years that has tried out the Power Twist link belt system,has never gone back to the standard belt system again after doing so.I know I won't either.Will they both cut wood for you?Obviously yes.What it all comes down to in the end is personal choice.There are things about some tools that would bother some people but others wouldn't either notice or care about the difference.Give both a try and in the end,use whatever works best for you.Like my Grandma use to always say..."to each his own".

http://www.fennerdrives.com/high_per...twist_home.htm

Comment

Here is a review on the Power Twist link belt system for those who are interested in finding out more about it.It's a pretty accurate and fair review of this product based on my own experiences with it.

http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/rev...rtwistplus.htm

Comment

Turbobeaver,

There's no doubt that the link belt is superior in certain instances however that is not the case where the Ridgid 3650 and earlier Ridgid saws are concerned. The Ridgid saws do not utilized standard V style pulleys. The serpentine belts that come with the 3650 provide reduced vibrations as well as link belts. Also, the grooved pulleys that come standard with the Ridgid will not accept either a V belt or a link belt so in order to use either of these you would have to change out the pulleys.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Bill

Comment

Badgerdave,thanks for the clarification on the serpentine drive belt system being used on the TS3650.I don't personally own this saw nor do any of my woodworking pals so this is news to me.Hmm! Very interesting indeed.I'll have to check it out next time I'm at HD and have a closer inspection.Now I know why you would have to change the pulleys as well in order to use a link belt.That part just didn't make sense to me before hand.Again,thanks for that clarification and I've definitely learned something new today about the TS3650.
                      Cheers!
                      Turbo

Comment

This page has specs on many poly-rib belts.

http://www.ebmmill.com/poly-rib_belt_j_section.htm

http://www.ebmmill.com/poly-rib_belt.htm

From L to R the data reads:

V-Belt Number
                        Top Width in Inches
                        Outside Length in Inches
                        Effective Length in Inches
                        Metric Length Code
                        Weight in Pounds
                        Maximum Number of Ribs

420J2 3/16 42.5 42.0 PJ1067 .1 40
                        420J3 9/32 42.5 42.0 PJ1067 .1 40
                        420J4 3/8 42.5 42.0 PJ1067 .1 40
                        420J5 15/32 42.5 42.0 PJ1067 .1 40
                        420J6 9/16 42.5 42.0 PJ1067 .1 40
                        420J8 3/4 42.5 42.0 PJ1067 .1 40
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
                          The belt on my TS3650 says "420J Carlisle Poly-rib Made in the USA" followed by the number 404.

Hope that helps.

Go

Strange isn't it how a "Made in the USA" belt ended up on a TS manufactured, boxed up, and shipped from overseas.

That must be some new school cost cutting measure. Manufacturer the parts here; ship them 6000 miles; stick them in a box; then send them 6000 miles back home to the USA.

It never ceases to amaze me the extent that companies here will go to to avoid paying those same people whom they hope will buy their products.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I have just uncrated my newTS3650. The belt in my package is 43 inches long and 9/16 inches wide. The inscriptions on the belt are 420J and 3006
                            carlisle vee-rib belt. Hope this helps.
                            Jay

Comment

Working...
                            X