Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12gal Wet/Dry Vac Replacement Filter doesn't fit WD12000

Hey guys,
    I believe I have a wd12000 wet/dry vac 12 gallon 4.25 HP. I bought a new filter for it the first one in probably 7 years (light use for car vac and cleaned old filter). Anyways, the filter is a vf4000 and says it fits any 12gal ridgid vac. The problem is that the filter cage doesn't appear to be long enough so I can thread the filter nut. Any ideas? Here is a link to the diagram for the vac.
    http://buy.ridgidparts.com/cgi-bin/etcTable?showTable=1&table=WD12000-Figure1ℑ=Vac
    Thank you,
    Andy

Re: 12gal Wet/Dry Vac Replacement Filter doesn't fit WD12000

Same problem here. Call the 800 4 RIDGID number and you will get a call center in India. They can sort of help you. From what I understood they are going to send me a new funnel shaped bottom that will compensate for the fact that the filter is too long. I imagine the bottom piece, instead of being flat, will look like ^ . I can't imagine how the screw nut will have enough room to tighten, but we will see in 7 to 10 business days.
    I am not happy about this, but the folks on the other end really could not do much. They're going to get a letter!
    Best of luck.

Comment

You might try measuring the filters at Sears and maybe at a different Home Depot. Others have posted the same problem so I'm wondering if there's a batch of defective filters out in the field. If you have the old filter look carefully at it beside the new one. They should be the same size. Is there much difference or just enough to cause problems?

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I called Ridgid and they said they have changed the length of the filter and a new end cap is needed. They mailed one to me no charge and it works perfectly. The old shape was a funnel shape and the new one is flat. See pictures below.

Last edited by tucker8235; 09-04-2007, 07:13 PM.

Comment

The pictures are now missing but I just got off the phone with Customer support and they said to order the standard filter plate part #73317 for 1.95. Is that right? It would seem to me that that part won't work. I ordered it anyways. Shouldnt the plate be a little dish shaped to allow for the longer filter?

Originally posted by tucker8235 View Post
          Thanks for the replies guys. I called Ridgid and they said they have changed the length of the filter and a new end cap is needed. They mailed one to me no charge and it works perfectly. The old shape was a funnel shape and the new one is flat. See pictures below.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas View Post
            The pictures are now missing but I just got off the phone with Customer support and they said to order the standard filter plate part #73317 for 1.95. Is that right? It would seem to me that that part won't work. I ordered it anyways. Shouldnt the plate be a little dish shaped to allow for the longer filter?

I wasn't charged anything. I reposted the pictures. Apparently imagehosting.com is worthless and deletes photos after a couple weeks even though they say they will keep them for a year after the last person accesses them.

Anyways, the filter fits with it just being flat. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks! It looks to be the same part they are selling on the web-site. It should be here Monday so I will find out then.

Comment

Thanks Andy for getting me headed in the right direction on this problem and for the great pictures. Can't understand why Ridgid would change their Vac and and not change the model number on the Vac. I don't know if they changed the part number on the filter when they made it longer, should have.

I did call 800-4-Ridgid this morning and the nice lady said she would send me a new filter plate in 7 to 10 days at no charge.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                X