X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 5" ROS

i just picked up one of these and took it out of the box/case. Two things surprised me:

1) The sander came with an extra base for an adhesive sandpaper. I have never seent his before! Is there any advantages to using adhesive back sandpaper?

2)there is a rectangular plastic item near the end of the power cord - it has "do not remove" imprinted on it, but i can't for the life of me figure out why its there. I looked in the manual, but to no avail. I'll snap/post a pic of it tomorrow if no-one can enlighten me

Re: ridgid 5" ROS

The rectangular thing on the end of the cord is nothing more than an anti theft device it has some kind of bi metal in it that activates those alarms you see at some stores. You can remove it with no problem but there is no reason to. Some people like adhesive backed sand paper due to the ease of use I don't see a difference one way or the other.

Comment

It's nice of them to give you a choice on pads. I prefer the PSA paper myself.
      And with deals like this around, your'e set for life!!
      Or this is even better!
      Wish I needed more! LOL But i've got a lifetime supply as it is.
      Last edited by Jmark; 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Even though PSA discs tends to run a little cheaper than H&L discs I still prefer the H&L. When you remove PSA paper from the sander it can be difficult at times to get it to stick on the pad again and you end up throwing away still usable discs. With the H&L paper you can remove and remount the discs many times.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Even though PSA discs tends to run a little cheaper than H&L discs I still prefer the H&L. When you remove PSA paper from the sander it can be difficult at times to get it to stick on the pad again and you end up throwing away still usable discs. With the H&L paper you can remove and remount the discs many times.
          I second that
          Cheers! - Jim
          -------------
          All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Working...
          X