X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery or Not ???

Factory-Reconditioned DEWALT DW988K-2R 18-Volt XRP 1/2-Inch Drill/Driver/Hammerdrill Kit
    There is a good deal with this drill, however I never have bought a reconditioned drill before, does this mean the battery has also been reconditioned too, or do they give you a new battery with the reconditioned drill. I already have a s#!t load of drills, but I also got a few dollars to burn. Anybody have any good success w/reconditioned drills, one day only sale.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: New Battery or Not ???

Dewalt provides a 1year wtty on their reconditioned tools. Normally the batteries are reconditioned as well meaning the housing is old but the cells are new. As far as use if they weren't scratched up a little more than normal, and didn't tell you probably wouldn't know it was a recon.

Comment

I think it's 6 months actually on recon tools from DeWalt.

All these tool warranties are bull anyway. In reality they're only 1 year, even Milwaukee. After that first year, it has to be a true manufacturing defect or wormanship problem that warrants a repair. Normal wear and tear is not covered after the first year.

Comment

I bought a recon DW biscuit jointer,,,,,,well,,,,,,atleast 13 years ago....still working just like new. I have NO problem buying recon brand name tools. To me, it means that whatever was going to go wrong has already happened to someone else and not me! LOL

Mark

Comment

that is a 1 year warranty on recon.tools from dewalt.
          A fishing pole is the best cordless tool!

Comment

I just looked it up, and apparently the recon warranty is 6 months for Canada. I guess in the US it's 1 year then. Wonder why the difference. Maybe the tools can't withstand the cold Canadian winters LOL

Comment

Thanks for everyone's advise, went ahead and ordered it, for a mere $104.00. Just what I needed was another drill, but it is a hammer drill, which makes it special . I wish I could find a Ridgid hammer drill for that price, even if it was reconditioned. And yes it does come with a 1 year warranty, and believe me I'll be putting this one through the test.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by texan168 View Post
                Dewalt provides a 1year wtty on their reconditioned tools. Normally the batteries are reconditioned as well meaning the housing is old but the cells are new. As far as use if they weren't scratched up a little more than normal, and didn't tell you probably wouldn't know it was a recon.
                I doubt they change the cells in the battery. I have bought many different "reconditioned" tools over the years and in some cases they were much better deals than others.

Some are floor models or customer returns that otherwise look brand new. That is the best case with the tools getting checked for any missing parts, function and then repackaged. These are often better deals than buying open box floor models from the store because you know they've done a good job checking them out.

In other cases I've got tools that are more "bare bones"...missing some free accessory, like a saw blade or sand paper disks.

In the worst case I've gotten a tool that looked like it bounced around in the back of someone's truck for a year.

Hitachi reconditioned tools, sold on Amazon, fell in the last category. Avoid those.

Comment

Holy craps, got my hammer drill today, I am just floating on this deal. Came to me w/an extra battery and carrying case. Never expected those two items, the batteries looked brand spanking new and so did the drill. Not one blemish on any thing. For that price and their conditions I should have bought 5 more. This is one happy camper, and I did run it a little while after charging a battery, works just fine. Made my day.

Thanks for listening to me, didn't mean to gloat too much. Happy, Happy, Happy

Comment

Maybe now would be a good time to share with us where you got that deal

Comment

Amazon.com, it was their daily special something like 75%-80% off. About once a month or twice they give out a good tool deal. Didn't really realize that I didn't mention that part, sorry. Next time I will not forget. Oh shoot, just found out the Beesey 18" clamps were on sale for $13.00 earlier today now its something like $25.00 after check out discount, darn missed that one, their normal price is $44.00.
                      Last edited by garager; 05-03-2007, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X