Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with 24v LXi Reciprocating Saw...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with 24v LXi Reciprocating Saw...

Well, I've had my R932 combo for a couple of weeks now and so far everything has been great.! However, today I was using the reciprocating saw and when I flipped the lever down that adjusts the depth of the shoe, the lever came off! What gives? It seems kinda flimsy. The lever is made of plastic which also seems a little strange considering the shoe is made of steel. Anyway, the lever came off rather easily and the pin that the lever rotates on ALSO fell out! You would think that this would be a simple fix, right? Slide the pin back in...clip the lever back onto the pin...etc. Well, it wasnt that easy. The pin is flat on one side, and the lever has an indentation on either side that also has a corresponding flat spot to align the pin with. Aligning these two is a real trick...and pushing the clip too hard on either side results in the pin shooting out. After sometime...I finally did manage to get it back on... but it seems like it could just pop off again. Has anyone else had this problem? I dont think I am being particularly rough with the lever. Also, I am wondering if somehow my saw is missing a clip or something that holds the pin in? Just wondering....
    Thanks!
    Nick...

Re: Problem with 24v LXi Reciprocating Saw...

There isn't anything retaining the lever...other than it's clamp force (and the blade clamp that lays above it on one side.) I find it falls open often....but never off. I will eventually (when it irritates me enough) put a velcro strap on it to keep it closed.

Comment

Had mine for 6 mos. no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Disaster... I noticed today that it keeps flapping open... I'm not thrilled about it. I noticed that there is a small rubber nub sticking up that is supposed to catch and hold it in the closed position. It obviously does not work... Hmmmm
        nick

Comment

Originally posted by Home Improvement Solution View Post
          Thanks for the reply Disaster... I noticed today that it keeps flapping open... I'm not thrilled about it. I noticed that there is a small rubber nub sticking up that is supposed to catch and hold it in the closed position. It obviously does not work... Hmmmm
          nick
          Hmmmmmmm is right. The little nub seems pretty mickey mouse for a professional grade tool. Won't last long.
          Something else that didn't last long on mine is the cheesy plastic blade guide above the blade in front of the chuck. I was using a large Milwaukee wood blade for cutting tree limbs. Noticed blade had wobble up and down. Looked in front and noticed a plastic guide above the blade which was all chewed up. The Milwaukee blade is definately higher than blade Ridgid included with the saw. Was in HD today and noticed that none of the recip saws had a guide other than the chuck. Don't know how important it is?

Comment

Didn't realize that either, Ray... I have to say that I am overall happy with my purchase, but it seems to me that power tools on this level and at this price should have more thought in the engineering details. I have only used Ridgid blades in mine so far, but I will have to purchase a few more of various brands and let you know what problems, if any, arise....
            Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Home Improvement Solution View Post
              ....I was using the reciprocating saw and when I flipped the lever down that adjusts the depth of the shoe, the lever came off!
              Happened to me yesterday. Didn't realize it till today. I was using the saw with a very aggressive Bosch wood blade...too aggressive actually...kept stalling the saw when it would catch...but I wanted to get my money out of the blade so I kept using it. The saw was getting kicked around something fierce.

It was too late to clean up the limbs so I waited till today. Under the tree I found the plastic lever. Uh oh. Took a 10 minute search to find the little metal pin.

I am definitely retaining the lever with a velcro strap! Otherwise, next time I might not be so lucky.

Comment

Working...
              X