pipefitter/electricians level

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pipefitter/electricians level

you need to design a compact rugged level with a sideclip STRONG magnets and magnets on the back for leveling flanges

Re: pipefitter/electricians level

it should look like this
    Last edited by Josh; 05-07-2007, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Your table that the level is placed on in the picture is not level

Cool looking level though.

Regards

Comment

Huh?

Biscuit l@@k at the first bubble... (on the left...)
        Cheers! - Jim
        -------------
        All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Thats the one I was speaking of.

Hell, maybe I am cross-eyed or something. Either too many or too few beers can and usually do things to my vision at times

Comment

Originally posted by jbergstrom View Post
            Huh?

Biscuit l@@k at the first bubble... (on the left...)

i did look and the table is not level. the bubble is hanging to the left indcating that it is somewhere between 2-5 degees off, witch is not that uncommon. or is the level off???? i hope not i like it
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
              i did look and the table is not level. the bubble is hanging to the left indcating that it is somewhere between 2-5 degees off, witch is not that uncommon. or is the level off???? i hope not i like it

Thats what I was seeing as well, I know tables are seldom/almost never level. I was just trying to get a rise out of him for showing off a new level with the indicator not indicating a level surface.

I agree with you on the level, it sure does look nice.

REgards and great to see you around Old Slow Chevy.

Comment

See the other one of these threads. LOL
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                  See the other one of these threads. LOL

Yep, Looks like an attempt at a marketing ploy.

Comment

the last two comments seem a little harsh boys...but i assure you this is my level..i designed it i patented it and absolutlely......i am trying to sell it....i have 3 years and tons of money invested it its not for everybody but im proud of it and i know a lot of fitters and electricians waiting to get their hands on it...thanks for the input gentlemen!!.ps checked out the link that was posted....am i missing something?

dave

Comment

http://www.inventions.org/index.html
                      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

it doesn't look like a 9'' or 12'' level to me. i like the idea of the stronger magnets. but i would also like the pitch vial. plumbers tend to slope 1/4'' to the foot

can you lenghten the level and install 1 more vial that has calibrated pitch?

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick and other plumbers

I bet you might like one of these for your tool collection.

The LENOX 21190-LV9T Torpedo Level
                          You can set it for 1/8" or 1/4" slope for drainage work.
                          http://www.lenoxsaw.com/images/catalog/torpedolevel.pdf

Comment

woussko, i like the built in inches, i don't like the pitch button. i would rather see a 4th. vial to set pitch. putting the button on the side has has a lot of drawbacks. the mirror is a nice feature. the stronger magnets are good too.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick

I agree about adding the vial. Maybe some company could do up a level where they scribe lines on all the vials for both right on level and then 1/8" per foot, 1/4" per foot and 3/8" per foot. The 4th vial is a nice simple way though. I bet there is such a level and I'm going to try to find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X