Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best cordless drill/driver set?

Originally posted by Newman View Post
    That's funny - the reviewer must own stock in Dewalt. I had that same Dewalt drill, and it was OK, but I wouldn't place it anywhere near the top of the list. The damn gear selector would always get stuck.

They are talking about the new DC925, not the DC988. Its only been out for a few months. The gear selector gets smoother with use but the problem is not exclusive to them. My Makita LXT has the same problem. I'm curios if other 3 speed models like Hitachi might also suffer that issue.
    Last edited by Velosapien; 05-14-2007, 09:26 AM.

Comment

No review will ever be right because if the results are not what you like then they are probably biased right? I think its a good review and many of the results seem consistant enough with other reviews for me to consider it fair enough.

Comment

I agree, the 18V review was pretty good with respect to what most people on here have said about those drills.

I thought though that their "Lithium Ion Hands on" article was a little lame though. It's like they tried to review too many tools and ended up skimping on the testing information and what exactly they were doing with the tools.

Comment

Yeah the lithium ion hands on was not worthy of being called a review. It was more like a rough preview of whats out on the market but there was no substance to it. The 18v test was a lot clearer on the methodology and more in depth. Its one of the most complete tests I've seen in a while. They are pretty clear on what each drill was doing and I can pretty easily run the same or a similar test for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
            They are talking about the new DC925, not the DC988. Its only been out for a few months. The gear selector gets smoother with use but the problem is not exclusive to them. My Makita LXT has the same problem. I'm curios if other 3 speed models like Hitachi might also suffer that issue.

Yeah I think I had the DW988K...

Comment

Working...
            X