Where to buy 18v or 24v combo kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy 18v or 24v combo kits

My local Home Depot only handles the 5pc 18v combo kit, selling it for $449, anyone think that $449 is a good price for this set. When I look at the Home Depot website all I can find are the 4 and 5 pc 18v combos. It appears from posts here that some Home Depots sell the 24v sets. I didn't think the products that HD handles vary that much from store to store but maybe I should start looking at other HDs in my area. Is there any place else I can go besides HD to buy Ridgid combos? I've looked on Ebay but most of those are reconditioned and I would rather go new.

Re: Where to buy 18v or 24v combo kits

While that isn't a bad price for what you get, there have been, and are better deals to be had if you call around. Try calling some other HD's. The R932, 24 volt lithium set is $100 less. Their also used to be two piece 18V sets for $137...though I think that price has gone up.

Comment

Originally posted by shoorty777 View Post
      My local Home Depot only handles the 5pc 18v combo kit, selling it for $449, anyone think that $449 is a good price for this set. When I look at the Home Depot website all I can find are the 4 and 5 pc 18v combos. It appears from posts here that some Home Depots sell the 24v sets. I didn't think the products that HD handles vary that much from store to store but maybe I should start looking at other HDs in my area. Is there any place else I can go besides HD to buy Ridgid combos? I've looked on Ebay but most of those are reconditioned and I would rather go new.
      You're local HD should be able to check on their computer to see if any of the other stores in their region(district) has the 24V sets in stock. I would talk to the Pro desk or contractor desk if you can't get any help from the tool dept mgr. Ask them what the story is with the 24V stuff and if they can order it for you. Its hard for me to believe that a HD store wouldn't be carrying 24V tools especially for the contractors.
      Let us know how you make out.

Comment

I have 3 HD stores within a 10 mile radius. One store only had a few 24v kits left. But the other two stores had about 5 each. I guess it depends on what part of town the store is located in. I think $400+ for a standard 18v kit is to much. Sears has been having a blow-out of their 18v kits, so they can get rid of them. For a little more, you could get a Makita 18 lithium kit. I'm sure if you wait, Ridgid will announce their 18v lithium kit, but don't hold your breadth.

Comment

I took the advice that the 3 of you gave me and went and checked 2 other HDs in the area. Only 1 of them had a 24v combo kit and unfortunately it was R931, which is the hammer drill, recip saw and flashlight for $379.99. I didn't think that was much of a bargain and would really like the circular saw instead of the recip. I went to the service desk and the girl there was able to check the stores in the area. Of the 5 or so within 15 miles of my house, none of them had the R932. She also checked other stores up to around 30 miles away and the results were the same. She said that those particular combo kits were being "clearanced out". I suspect what is happening at HD is that the 24volt combos just weren't selling that well and hd decided to drop them. I know there has been much discussion in this forum concerning Ridgid dropping the 24v line but whether that is true or not, I sure don't know.
          While I like most about the Ridgid line is the lifetime battery replacement program. I've had numerous battery operated tools in the past and they've all worked well for me whether they were 9.6, 12 or 18v, the only failure on any of them has been the batteries.
          I think I may wait until Father day and see if there are any good sales that may pop up. I'm not a professional, just a homeowner, woodworker, honey do kind of guy so super heavy duty ruggedness is not my top priority.
          Thank you guys for your comments.

Comment

Originally posted by shoorty777 View Post
            ....Only 1 of them had a 24v combo kit and unfortunately it was R931, which is the hammer drill, recip saw and flashlight for $379.99. ......I suspect what is happening at HD is that the 24volt combos just weren't selling that well and hd decided to drop them.
            You are close to correct. What was stated here, by a Ridgid rep was the R932 kit was being discontinued...replaced with the R931. When this happened HD clearanced the older, larger kit so it was actually less than the new kit. Obviously, it is a better deal if you can find one.

Comment

Soooooooo in an attempt to put closure on this I went to the phone and called my local HD in Auburn, NY. They informed me that the R932 set has indeed been discontinued. They also told me that they have three(3) of the four piece R932 sets left in inventory and that the Niagara Falls store shows seven(7) of the R932 sets left in inventory. Those sets are selling for $397.00 which is the same price as the new three piece sets which is a good deal for people still looking for them. I know HD will do a store transfer within a district. I don't know about longer distances, forgot to ask. It might be worth a call to you're local HD.

Comment

I appreciate the info. I am planning a trip up to Buffalo in a few weeks and may check to see if those combo kits are still around. $397 for the hammer drill, circular saw, recip and light sure beats the price I found for the R931. For $20 more I get the circular saw.

Comment

Working...
                X