Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

    We finally have available all the 24 volt tools listed on the website. I would like to see more tools.
    Will RIDGID catch up to dewalts 38 or makitas 35?
    http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

  • #2
    Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

    Ridgid may sometime catch up, but that will be long after I'm resting in the ground. It won't be long until DeWalt and Makita have new lines with something totally new. Maybe some kind of wild battery that today is only in the R & D department. We should keep a watch on Bosch too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

      Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      Ridgid may sometime catch up, but that will be long after I'm resting in the ground. It won't be long until DeWalt and Makita have new lines with something totally new. Maybe some kind of wild battery that today is only in the R & D department. We should keep a watch on Bosch too.

      Are we talking 30-40 years or are you 90 years old.LOL

      I agree when you say it will be years for RIDGID to catch up
      It seems RIDGID has the best warranty in the business(hands down) and the best quality tools power tools(my opinion), however, nothing is perfect in this world and we have to give up quantity for quality.

      All things being fair, I am glad RIDGID doesn't release products prematurely for the sake of getting items to the market. Many companies have done so and I have discontinued business with them.
      http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

        Originally posted by onlycordless View Post
        We finally have available all the 24 volt tools listed on the website. I would like to see more tools.
        Will RIDGID catch up to dewalts 38 or makitas 35?
        I would like to see some batteries. To this point there are no 24V LI batteries for sale at HD. The only thing they offer that I know of is the package which is one battery and a charger for $200(?). All I want is to have extra batteries for the collection of 24V and MaxSelect tools I have.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

          Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
          I would like to see some batteries. To this point there are no 24V LI batteries for sale at HD. The only thing they offer that I know of is the package which is one battery and a charger for $200(?). All I want is to have extra batteries for the collection of 24V and MaxSelect tools I have.

          The best deal I found on batteries was to buy the 24volt hammer kit for $199. It comes with a drill, 2 batteries and a charger.

          So, by my calculations RIDGID could sell the batteries for $50/each
          http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

            So when is Ridgid going to come out with a radio? Almost all the guys I work with are Ridgid fans but when it comes to the radio they have to go elsewhere, which means they have to buy other batteries too. A good radio with a GFCI, that will charge and run off a battery, would be a big hit.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

              Originally posted by DarTec View Post
              So when is Ridgid going to come out with a radio? Almost all the guys I work with are Ridgid fans but when it comes to the radio they have to go elsewhere, which means they have to buy other batteries too. A good radio with a GFCI, that will charge and run off a battery, would be a big hit.


              dartec ridgid does have a radio. it came out about a month ago here is a link to that thread:
              http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11445
              9/11/01, never forget.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

                Nice I like it, thanks for the link

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

                  lol i am glad you liked it and welcome to the forum!!
                  9/11/01, never forget.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

                    I think ridgid won't have a radio/charger due to competitors patent. I was able to get a 24v battery from a promo, and the rep. said these will sell for about $150. I bought the 24v drill 1 batt. and charger for $170, so you might as well buy an extra tool or charger set for the same money as the battery.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

                      its not 38 its 36v dewalt

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Finally have all 24v tools.. Whats next?

                        Originally posted by J-man12 View Post
                        its not 38 its 36v dewalt

                        I know, Dewalt has 38 tools and makita 35
                        http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X