MS1290LZ1 Laser Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1290LZ1 Laser Problem

Brand new saw, just opened & set up today. Everything is great except the laser line is about 3/32 off to the left of the blade. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

Re: MS1290LZ1 Laser Problem

PapaRoy,

Welcome to the forum!

The laser alignment SCMS and CMS machines is a very often asked question. At best, the laser is only a referance. With it's mounting being on the arbor, the best that can be accomplished is for the beam to be parallel to the blade. The laser housing is mounted as an outer washer on the blade, and the beam is focused to be parallel to the mounting surface. Since this mounting position moves along with the saw, as it is swung down toward the wood, there is simply no way the laser can be focused at a given point like the kerf. Arbor mounted lasers will always fall as some small distance to the left of the kerf.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've never had a laser before but got to thinking about it being on the arbor & didn't think it could be adjusted. All that being said, I wonder why the laser is even there since it doesn't really tell me anything & really becomes an irritant as far as the saw is concerned, when in fact the saw is really nice. On top of that, was in Portland, OR last week & got it at HD for $399, new!

Comment

You could always remove the laser disc if it continues to be an irritant. I just use the blades teeth to line up my cuts and I've gotten so used to ignoring the laser line that I actually don't even notice it anymore.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

That's what I'll probably do. It's really a great saw otherwise, especially for the $399 I paid. Had I paid the normal $499 (plus tax) I probably would have taken it back & bought a Hatachi from Lowes.

Comment

I was wondering about the same issue. Glad that is solved.
            I got mine for $399 as well. Plus opened a HD account and got $20 off, plus went to a Outdoor Living seminar for 45 minutes and received a 10% off coupon. Used it for the saw, MS9944 stand, and $99 Ridgid shop vac. Got all of that for a couple dollars over $600. Not bad considering that not very long ago the 12" sliding miter was $549 at Home Depot.

Comment

Working...
            X