Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 9.6v Ridgid Screwdriver--is it discontinued?

Originally posted by Newman View Post
    I couldn't agree more. When it comes to ergonomics, you can't beat Bosch, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't used one!
    I love my Bosch PS20 and can't wait for the PS40 Impactor to come out...
    It's this simple: I have tried the Bosch drivers, and no, I don't find them ergonomic. But I'm glad you do and that your satisfied with yours.

I was in another San Diego area Home Depot this morning and they only had one driver left (in a combo kit with the 18v drill). I asked the guy in the tool department, and he said they were discontinued. He didn't know if they would be getting them in a different package, or if they are being discontinued in favor of a new design.

What I'm hoping to get here is an answer from a Ridgid rep as to whether the Ridgid 9.6v driver has been discontinued. Does anyone know for sure?

So many saws, so few fingers...

Comment

Originally posted by humbletile View Post
      Newman, Skydive

If you could only own one, which one PS40 or PS20?

They are two different tools - one's a driver and the other's an impact.
      I would own both for different tasks. But if you only want a basic driver then get the PS20.

Comment

I really love my little 9.6v twisty-drill. It's immensely useful for all kinds of things, from rack screws (300 servers in a day? Oh yeah...no problem!!!), and it's real nice for the little box-lid-hinge screws. Not too much power...not heavy. And the added bonus of being able to be angled or straight is really handy.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by humbletile View Post
          Newman, Skydive

If you could only own one, which one PS40 or PS20?
          I would stick with my PS20, because I use it on outlet covers. I’m sure the PS40 would crack them. I was looking for a light duty screwdriver when I found this, and am happy to say it does a wide range of work.
          Blue Skies,
          Wags

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
            I've never seen a right angle attachment designed for impact. The one you had probably wasn't.
            You're absolutely right, the manual stated 1 or 200 in./lbs. max. I can't recall exactly. I was trying to get by with what I had on hand and failed miserably. In the end it gave me just the excuse I needed to get the right angle impact driver (I've been eyeing it for almost a year) . "Gee honey, it was unavoidable..." I'm sure you guys know how it went .

Comment

I...I love my Bosch...and can't wait for the PS40 Impactor to come out...
              Newman,
              It's out already. There's a display at Lowes that includes a holster thru July I think.
              Phil
              Tools Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Lee M View Post
                It's this simple: I have tried the Bosch drivers, and no, I don't find them ergonomic. But I'm glad you do and that your satisfied with yours.

I was in another San Diego area Home Depot this morning and they only had one driver left (in a combo kit with the 18v drill). I asked the guy in the tool department, and he said they were discontinued. He didn't know if they would be getting them in a different package, or if they are being discontinued in favor of a new design.

What I'm hoping to get here is an answer from a Ridgid rep as to whether the Ridgid 9.6v driver has been discontinued. Does anyone know for sure?

The 9.6V pivoting driver is listed in the Ridgid site as a current product.
                It's also listed on the HD site at $89.95 w/ free shipping
                See here: HOME > Tools & Hardware > Power Tools > RIDGID > 9.6V Pivoting Screwdriver Sorry, somehow I goofed up(1st time this year) and didn't get the HD url. Anyway, go to HD and follow the above thread.

Comment

Attn. NEWMAN and others - Please have a look.
                  http://www.acetoolonline.com/Bosch-P...bos-ps40-2.htm

Includes PS40-2 tool
                  2) 10.8 Volt batteries
                  30 minute charger
                  Case for all of the above
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Woussko; 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post

Includes PS40-2 tool
                    2) 10.8 Volt batteries
                    30 minute charger
                    This thread started with someone asking about a Ridgid 9.6V Screwdriver. How did it morph to endless discussion comparing it with a couple of Bosch Impact drivers? I would suggest if the Ridgid rotating head screwdriver is compared with anything from Bosch it should be a rotating head screwdriver like maybe the PS-10.......
                    http://www.acetoolonline.com/Bosch-P...bos-ps10-2.htm
                    Last edited by roadrashray; 05-18-2007, 05:07 PM. Reason: clarify

Comment

Woussko is a bad old howling hound that should have sent that to Newman via P.M. rather than posting it.

Comment

From now on, all threads should be limited to the original topic. Woussko, thanks for posting the link to the PS40. I was curious what it was going to go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post

Includes PS40-2 tool
                          2) 10.8 Volt batteries
                          30 minute charger
                          Cute little impact...but $190!!!! That is INSANE!

Comment

I'm going to have to stop by Lowe's and pick up a PS40 this weekend...

Comment

I'm going to have to stop by Lowe's and pick up a PS40 this weekend...
                              Saw it at Lowes. $200...even more insane. I know in electronics it can cost money to downsize but that is ridiculous. IMHO, this should be a $120-$150 dollar tool, max. I suspect the price will go down after it has been out a while.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                                The 9.6V pivoting driver is listed in the Ridgid site as a current product.
                                It's also listed on the HD site at $89.95 w/ free shipping
                                See here: HOME > Tools & Hardware > Power Tools > RIDGID > 9.6V Pivoting Screwdriver Sorry, somehow I goofed up(1st time this year) and didn't get the HD url. Anyway, go to HD and follow the above thread.

I found the Ridgid 9.6v driver (with 2 batteries, quick charger and the belt holster) at a local San Diego Home Depot for $59 today. It was $89 at that same Home Depot last week. This makes me think they are on the way out.

I've asked several tool department associates, and they have all said it is discontinued, at least as it is currently packaged. They couldn't tell me if a new design is on the way, if it is being repackaged, or if it is simply not going to be sold any more.

Im glad this thread has been informative for those wanting a Bosch driver, but you could really start a separate thread for that. All of the Bosch posts are causing the topic to get lost, and I really want an answer from one of the Ridgid reps on this forum as to whether a new design is on the way.

So, one more time, is there a new Ridgid power screwdriver on the way? If so, will it be lithium?

So many saws, so few fingers...

Comment

Working...
                                X