No announcement yet.

One Year Old - TS 3650....won't start.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Year Old - TS 3650....won't start.

So I've had my TS3650 for a little over a year now (about 14 months) and it hasn't had a lot of use but gets used every few weeks. So this weekend I was ripping 2" off of a 48" pine 2x4 when the saw acted like it was binding up and than it just shut down. And now it won't start.

-The circuit fuse is still good as other things work from the same receptacle.
    -The breaker was not tripped.
    -Was not using an extension cord.
    -Tried the saw in other receptacles in the garage and still no response.

I've never had a problem with it until now. I'm guessing something in the electrical/motor system of the saw has bonked out on me. I'm hoping this would be covered by the lifetime warranty. Anyone else have similar experiences with this saw?

Thanks.

Re: One Year Old - TS 3650....won't start.

There is a reset button on the motor, you might have tripped it.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
      There is a reset button on the motor, you might have tripped it.
      You mean the big red reset button? Yeah pushing that does nothing. As a matter of fact the button is very firm and doesn't give much when pushed.

Comment

Unplug it. Then try to move the motor by hand. Is it binding? Or does it turn free?

Comment

The reset button to try pushing is on the motor. It's about 3/8" diameter and sticks out about 1/4-1/2 inch. Nomally it's on the end oposite the shaft or is mounted inside the wiring box.

Comment

if it was running, and didn't die while you were cutting. then it sounds like the starting switch, centrifugal switch has come loose.

i had this happen on a different motor. you should be able to remove the belt and try spinning the motor. it should not rub or grind.

the good thing is, it is covered under your 3 year warranty. nothing you did wrong. it could have been from dropping the motor during shipment.

then again i could be totally wrong.

also try to use a pair of jumpers inside the motor wiring cover to bypass the safety on off switch if you feel comfortable with this step.

look at the bright side. if you only use the saw every 2 weeks. you'll have a new motor before the next time you make dust.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X