X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assembly Miter Saw 1065LZ Blade Guard Stuck

Just bought a MS1065LZ miter saw. In assembling it, I was having problems with the lower blade guard's "arm" piece hanging up, i.e. not making the curve against the rotating nut to allow the guard to move up. That's problem 1. In looking thru the instrns again, I noticed that "Screw B" had not been replaced. After putting Screw B back in, the blade guard came down and now is completely locked, won't move at all. I can't see that it is hung up on anything exterior. Worse, it is in the down position (covering Screw B now), so I will have to take apart the entire blade to get to it again.
    What did I doing wrong, and how to fix?

Re: Assembly Miter Saw 1065LZ Blade Guard Stuck

You shouldn't have to be messing around with the blade guard on a new saw. That part it supposed to come fully functional out of the box. If its not cycling smoothly as it should I suggest you exchange it for another at the store. The blade guard is really one of those things you don't want to risk malfunctioning on you because it was assembled improperly at the factory.

Comment

Re: Assembly Miter Saw 1065LZ Blade Guard Stuck

Unfortunately Ridgid saws must be assembled and aligned out of the box (this must be a major labor cost saver) and you must unscrew the blade guard to install a blade prior to first use.

I would also take it back. Ridgid saws are the only ones I've seen that are not assembled and aligned out of the box.

My solution: I bought a DeWalt.

Comment

Working...
      X