X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Compact 18v LXI Drill!!

I was in HD and it seems they are on short supply of the Ridgid Compact Li-ion. The Makita was there and they had a kit Compact Impact and Compact Drill for $269 and it charges in 15 minutes. The new Ryobi Li-Ion is nice too, but not enough power for my needs and the battery still takes 1hour from what I could find. I'll have to shop on Ebay for comparison prices.

Comment

In my opinion Ridgid should recall all those new 18 volt lithium ion kits to prevent any further embarassment. Whoever thought a 1.5AH battery would satisfy or impress consumers was sadly mistaken. I'm used to my 2.5AH nicads and was expecting the same or greater AH from the new technology. Ridgid's omission regarding this spec on the packaging is a further mark against them, not to mention the misinfomation from their tech support claiming 2.9AH. Come on Ridgid, give us a serious battery to meet the need, 3.0 or higher...

Comment

I don't know if I'd say they should go as far as recalling them but they should definately make it clear what the product specs are. Anyone who bought them before the correction under the mistaken impression should be allowed to return them even if they are past the 90 day period. It is marketed as a compact drill so its appropriate for the batteries to be the compact variety. They just need to make sure the customer is aware of that rather significant detail.

Comment

Working...
        X