Ridgid Max Select 24 volt Wet/Dry Vac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Max Select 24 volt Wet/Dry Vac

I have other Max Select tools but have not seen the 24 volt vac in the stores I deal with. I need a SKU number to give the Contractors Desk for them to check inventory. I appreciate any help with this.

Re: Ridgid Max Select 24 volt Wet/Dry Vac

Hopefully this link may help. You'll get info about it here. Cat #26458 and model WD2450

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/WD2450-W...-Vac/index.htm

Comment

I too had trouble finding it. When I asked HD worker he said I had to order it on line. After a while I found them by the AC Vacs.

Comment

Both responses are correct so far. The catalog number will help you when shopping anywhere other than The Home Depot. Also true that they are in the display by all of the other RIDGID wet/dry vacs in the Depot store sets. If a SKU number will still help, it is 642-623 in the US. I don't believe it is yet available in Canada, but I am not sure on that.

Comment

Thanks everyone. With the SKU number I was able to call my local Home Depot store and they were able to verify the Vac was in stock and they placed at the ProDesk. I picked it up today. This saved me expensive fuel for my truck and lots of time. I think this forum is the best thing going - sure helps getting information on tools and avaiability.

Comment

mrtoolnut-- Now that you have it. How is it?? is any good?? how is the pick-up capacity?? is it less/more/equal to the small 4 gallon vac??
            Thanks.

Comment

This vacuum really sucks...

Sorry I couldn't resist. I suggested to my tool buddy at the local HD that they should take one of these vacs and stash it over by the rest of the 24v kits, he thought that was a good idea too, but that some guy that went to college tells them how to lay out the store. In any case, since I hadn't seen them before in the store so I immediately found my way over to the vac section, where I found a whole bunch of them in stock. Odd since unless you already have the kit, you would need to go to the tool aisle and buy the battery system. In fact I would have never bought it if I had not seen it on the RIDGID.COM website.

I thought it was odd that it is was only $99, when the rest of the piecemeal 24V stuff is all $119. But maybe they need to keep it competitive with the Dewalt model (which I saw was also AC so if you don't already have the Ridgid battery system maybe a better buy).

Ok, well for a battery operated vacuum, this does seem to pack a lot of power. Much more then the old B&D dustbusters, not as much as the AC R2D2 models of course. I only used it to suck up some drywall debris during a bath remodel so far however and nothing wet.

It is very light and the handle is balanced and ergonomically friendly. The hose is conveniently short, but stretches easily and contracts back to its original shape very nicely. It feels rubbery, so I would guess that it will stay flexible and not likely to crack or break if crushed or pinched.

The bucket appears to be easily dumped and cleaned.

Cons - no battery included, only one attachment included, battery is under a cover that is a little tricky to open but wasn't over-ally difficult.

I'll post updates when I use some more, like how well it cleans the car carpets.

Comment

I agree. When I asked HD people if they sold it they told me I would have to order it online. Then I happened to see it were the VACs are (days later). So even the workers don't know they have them. All the attachments etc should be in one place. I am sure most people dont spend time searching on the net or in the store for one item. If they make it easy and brainless maybe we would buy more. We dont have time to hunt for every little thing.
                I have had mine for 6 mos and use it more than my AC one because it is strong enough & light to move around.

Comment

Working...
                X