X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Battery Replacement

I've been looking at getting a set of the Lithium ion battery tools for quite a while. From reviews I've read it looks like the Ridgid tools are comparable to Dewalt, Makita, Bosch, Milwaulkee (using their NiCad now). The free lifetime warranty and battery replacement being offered by Ridgid is a strong selling point for me. Battery failure is inevitable with all battery tools and replacing them is about as expensive as buying new tools. Does anyone have any experience in getting batteries replaced under the lifetime service agreement from Ridgid? What is the procedure? From othe posts it looks like Ridgid service has problems. Can I expect to be without my tools for an extended period of time when getting batteries replaced? Thanks in advance.

Re: Lifetime Battery Replacement

One of my batteries was replaced already, took only 6 weeks, luckily I did have an extra battery to use. The good thing is that it was warrantied and I did eventually get it replaced. I'm not sure either of my batteries still work though, since I have had no way to test them for over four months.

Comment

One of the requirements to receive a new battery is that the battery must be taken to or sent to an Authorized Ridgid Service where the battery is tested. This is fine if you happen to be located close to one of their Service Centers but a major hassle, IMO, if you don't live near one.

I understand the need for testing the battery to see if it really won't hold a charge any longer but having to wait weeks for a new battery shouldn't happen either. Unfortunately, this same scenario happens if any other type of service is needed under the LLSA.

I will say that the LLSA is a great program and I appreciate that Ridgid offers it. However, the fact of the matter is that it is far to inconvenient for many people and because of that it's going to generate negative feelings in those people.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

before you buy RIDGID you might want to do a couple of things , first find your local service center and call them to ask about the "lifetime" warranty , you might be suprised at what it really is and what is required to get service under it. Second if you make your living using these tools figure out what you are going to do withought them as you have to leave the tool and the battery for a minium of 2 weeks ,read that again "minium" . I have been attempting a warranty on my batteries and best I can tell it's time to switch brands of tools , FYI , ridgid and roybi are the same company.The closest service center I have to use is over an hour away and thier comment was "your biggest mistake was to buy RIDGID , if we could get out of thier service contract we would"

Comment

Hello, I have a couple of sets of Ridgid 24volt li-ion and my parents have one set also and one of their batteries turned out to be defective so they took the battery and the charger to the appliance repair place where they tested it and determined that the battery was bad so they sent it off and they got a brand new one about 6 weeks later with no problems at all. I also own the milwaukee v28 li-ion and that battery is warrented for five years or 2000 cycles-whichever comes first, and the warrenty on the milwaukee battery is started the first time you charge it to activate it. The battery contains a chip that records the date of the first charge and how many cycles you have on it. As far as warrenty goes Ridgid is the only one that will fix your tools free of charge when you wear them out or break them. From what I have heard, Millwaukee and Dewalt will charge you to fix the tools if they determine the cause of failure was due to wear and tear or abuse and not due to defects in material and workman ship. I use my ridgid tools every day and would be lost without them so I have the following Ridgid tools:four 24volt batteries, 3 drills (two 24volt and one 18volt that I modified to run on 24 volts) two sawzalls, one 24volt impact, one 14.4 volt impact, one 12 volt right angle impact, one 24 volt planer, one 24 volt circular saw, one 24 volt flashlight, 24 volt wet-dry vac, two 24 volt chargers and two nicad 9.6-18volt chargers and two spare hi-cap 14.4 volt nicads for my 14.4 volt impact. Also the 24 volt tools will run off of the 14.4 volt nicad batteries, even the flashlight! I take all my tools apart and inspect the quality and design when I buy them and I must say that all the Ridgid tools I have looked at are built to a higher standard than any of the other profesional tools that I have inspected. I know that Ridgid and Ryobi are made by the same company- TTI Industries but that where the simalarities end, so don't let that sway you from buying Ridgid tools. By the way, I just love that 24 volt wet and dry vac, it has plenty of power and a suprisingly long run time. So do yourself a favor and buy Rigid 24-volt li-ion, all my friends and coworkers did and they are very happy and have no complaints so far and their Dewalts are in the closet collecting dust.

Comment

Steve Klyce...Would you be willing to share any info regarding the field modification that facilitates an 18volt running on 24 volt batteries? Also, I would appreciate your impressions of the 14.4 impact driver as I just got one today.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
            X