X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going price on AC9944 MSUV in U.S?

Hi guy's.Well after having purchased a old style AC9940 MSUV and returning it no fewer than three times and also inspecting in store an additional two units,I've given up on this model of MSUV.All around P.O.S when it comes to quality control on these things(yeah.....I know.Some of you guy's got better luck than I do).The worst one I dragged home had a flux inclusion in one of the critical weld points(looked like a big hole in the weld) and would be a matter of time before it cracked through.
    It's no easy task dragging one of these suckers up and down basement stairs every time you get home and find out another one is faulty........ again! Never mind trying to package it all back up again and get everything to fit properly back in the box.I can officially now say that I am a real pro at repacking these suckers and could probably even do it while blind folded.So after driving at total of over 400km's of back and forth from the HD store where it was bought originally,I've thrown in the towel on this stand and decided to cut my losses and just get a refund and wait to see if the new stand is less problematic.We are yet to see any AC9944's show up here in Canada as of yet so I have no idea what you guy's in the states are paying for the newer model AC9944 at your HD stores.They are still clearing out old models up here at $140 presently.
    Cheers!
    Turbo

Re: Going price on AC9944 MSUV in U.S?

The new AC9944 hasn't made it yet to the HD that I frequent.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The new model sells for $199US at my local store. Old model is $169US. They are also now carrying the clips & connectors (OMG, HD is carrying a Ridgid accessory???!!!), but did not notice the price on those. Can be handy if you have a couple of tools you wish to mount at different times and all you need to do is release the clips and quickly change out the tools with no hand tools required which is the only advantage I have seen of the new model just from looking briefly.
      Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

The new MSUV is $199 at my Home Depot.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I just got the old one for $99. The guy told me the new one was $169. I think he was wrong on the new price. He did not even know there was a new style

Comment

I just bought the new AC9944 here in Maine for $169.00. It's a lot better than the old one.

Comment

$169 in the Boston area, the old ones are being closed out at $99 if you can still find them.

Comment

The new ones are going for $165 in Columbus, Ohio and are in stock at my local HD.

Comment

They showed up here a few days ago. Same price as in Maine and Mass.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking it over but from what I did notice it seems to be both an improvement on some points and a little cheaper on others. I like the way the infeed and outfeed roller stands don't have the swing down leg any longer and the sliding saw mount brackets. On the other hand it doesn't seem as sturdy as my AC9940.

They had the Ridgid 12" slider mounted on it so I didn't even try to lower it and raise it back up again. That saw's a beast and I didn't want to put the MSUV into the lowered position and then have to ask for help to raise it back up again.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                    I like the way the infeed and outfeed roller stands don't have the swing down leg any longer and the sliding saw mount brackets.
                    Ahh, but the legs are still there, they just must have still been folded up on the display you saw. It seems pretty solid with them up, though I'd be sure to put them down with long/heavy material on there.

Comment

Thanks scruffy, I'll have to take a closer look the next time I'm at HD.

Comment

They're selling for $169 in Cleveland, OH..........I have both models and I prefer the new over the old. It was a little stiff at first (So stiff I thought I put it together wrong) it just needed to be worked out a little bit. Also, the stand lifts the weight on it's own (You don't have to lift the weight of a 12" slider). Your going to have to read the instructions for sure! I finally broke down after 25 cuss words. A tip: You have to put your foot under the rubber cleat on the leg and lift up to fold the unit down.

Comment

Still waiting for the new model to show up here in Canada(well at least in my part of it).If your wondering where the support legs for the new stand are,they are now stored inside the extension arms themselves.You simply press on a button and pull them out until you see the hinge point and then drop them down.I was very curious on how the new stand worked so I down loaded the user manual for the AC9944 about a month ago and read through it just to see how different it was compared to the older stand.In design I think it is a big improvement over the old one but the jury is still out until I physically get to see one regarding materials and construction.From what I've reading on the net about the new AC9944,I think Badger Dave's comments are pretty much "bang on" to what others are saying.

Comment

I went shopping for a MSUV today. The local HD down here in S.FL. has the new AC9944 for $169. The rep didn't even know about the old model so I told him the numbers (AC9940) and he looked it up in inventory....still had 5 left but hidden since they weren't selling good. Therefore, if your looking for the older model ask a rep to look it up in their inventory.

Observation from a box (woo-hoo)..... the total width with the the old model is 8ft from roller to roller while the new model is 9'6". The handles to wheel it around are more user friendly on the new model. But that's all I can tell from looking at photos on the boxes.

Silvercrank, why do you prefer the newer model? I need to buy one but don't want to spend an extra $70 unless it's worth it.

Anyone else have/used both that can make a comparison?

Also, I saw the Delta 36-136 another tool store. It felt extremely sturdy and well made. Anyone have any experience with this one?
                            Last edited by Gatordogs2; 08-15-2007, 10:59 PM.

Comment

The new MSUV is better for any non-Ridgid saw with parallel mounting holes. With the old MSUV, you likely would to have to drill one or more new mounting holes (I did). That is not a huge deal, but it would be enough to sway me to the new one if I was in the market for another MSUV.

Comment

Working...
                              X