X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Compressor problem

If it is a blockage of some type your going to have to take it apart to find it,

on the couplers there are two parts on them one on the tank and one on the hose, the one on the tank is the one what usaly craps out, as it has the seals in it,
    do you have the correct ends for the coupler on the compressor, there are many diffrnet types of couplers made,
    Last edited by BHD; 06-13-2007, 10:05 PM.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Your last description of the air pressure being bled from the hose, and then the hose being repressurized, definitely sounds like you have some debris in the regulator port. It appears to be blocking the full flow of air through the regulator port. Hence, the larger CFM flow from the blow gun is emptying the hose faster than the flow from the tank (thanks to the regulator port being partially blocked by dirt).

You may not be able to clean the port on the regulator (the debris could have worked it's way into the body). A new regulator should be less than $30 and you can buy one at almost any place that sells compressors, including HD, Lowes, and even Walmart.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Well, last night I bypassed the regulator and hooked a hose up in front of it and had plenty of pressure. So that just confirms that it is in fact the regulator. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

danraz

You might want to install a small air filter and then the new regulator or if you look around there are combo filter-regulators made. That way you won't get *** in the new pressure regulator.

Comment

When you do replace the old regulator take a couple minutes and dissect it and find out what went wrong. If you just throw it in the trash w/o investigating why it failed you won't know how to avoid a repeat of the problem.

Was it a mechanical failure or a work process (assembly) problem that led to its demise? That is the question you need the answer to. One is preventable, the other can be mitigated by selecting quality components and performing any required maintenance at the periods specified by the manufacturer.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
            X