X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ridgid Thickness Planer R4330

Well, they are building a new home depot here (that'll make 3 within 15 miles of each other, same as the 3 lowes) maybe the new store will get some fresh inventory. Hopefully they pull in some fresh blood and not just transfer the bad attitudes from the existing stores.
    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I've given up on the Ridgid. After shopping around some more I'm now leaning toward the Dewalt 735 or the Steel City 13" model. I finally noticed that the R4330 is only a single speed planer and I wanted a two speed. I've also looked at a newer Craftsman three blade. two speed which comes with feed tables and a dust bag.

http://steelcitytoolworks.com/produc...y=9&tool=40200

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00921759000

Comment

Wow, that Sears price is high. Is it worth all that?

Comment

Originally posted by JWMustang View Post
          Wow, that Sears price is high. Is it worth all that?
          It's on sale for 4 something... but out of stock. Must be some kind of planer conspiracy.

Ern

Comment

I've been waiting for my HD to get a 4330 in stock since this post started (June 07) and still no luck. I walked into HD last Sat. and saw that they had torn apart the old tool displays, and put up the new "photo only" displays. I went to the Ridgid bench top tool display "photo gallery" and behold... The TP1300 planer and nothing else. I was fed up.

Since then Sears has restocked the Craftsman 21759 and with the Craftsman club discount, the sale price, $5 shipping and CA sales tax the total damage was $471.

I expect UPS to throw my new planer at my door hopefully this Friday. I have high hopes for this planer. The latest issue of American Woodworker rated it an editors choice along side the Dewalt 735 (over $500 price range). The 4330 was also an editors choice in the under $400 price range. I wonder how they found one to test.

Ern
            Last edited by erngum; 09-17-2007, 03:01 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

i found a guy who would surface my wood for me cheap, it will be over 1500 board feet before I get up to the $400 price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
                I've been waiting for my HD to get a 4330 in stock since this post started (June 07) and still no luck. I walked into HD last Sat. and saw that they had torn apart the old tool displays, and put up the new "photo only" displays. I went to the Ridgid bench top tool display "photo gallery" and behold... The TP1300 planer and nothing else. I was fed up.

Since then Sears has restocked the Craftsman 21759 and with the Craftsman club discount, the sale price, $5 shipping and CA sales tax the total damage was $471.

I expect UPS to throw my new planer at my door hopefully this Friday. I have high hopes for this planer. The latest issue of American Woodworker rated it an editors choice along side the Dewalt 735 (over $500 price range). The 4330 was also an editors choice in the under $400 price range. I wonder how they found one to test.

Ern
                I have completely given up on this planer. Ridgid can thank Home Depot for the loss of this sale.
                ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X