X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Thickness Planer R4330

2007 International builders show / Release date July 2007/ Price range $379.00 <------ Same as the old one so Josh is this a for shure thing on the release date and if so when will it accualy hit the shelves of HD need to know just bought one of the older modles this last weekend it will be going back if this will be on the shelves in July???????????????????????????????????

P.S. and why is it not in the new products list on the website? since it comes out next month in less than 30 days.
    Last edited by mcarr184; 06-26-2007, 05:58 AM.
    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Re: New Ridgid Thickness Planer R4330

I wouldn't be too quick to pack up that TP1300LS planer and swap it for the newer model. Although I know jack swift about the new model, the TP1300LS is a proven winner and one of the few Emerson designed products left in the Ridgid line. The new model may well be a big improvement over the current one but I'd do some serious homework on the new one before giving up on the current model.

Personally, I've been very fortunate where my Ridgid tools are concerned having never had a single issue with any of them. On the other hand, TTI has a little history when it comes to introducing new or updated tools. The infamous arbor issue being at the top of the list.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'll check into this one guys. I will see what I can do to dig up some info.

Josh

Comment

I bought this model today at the Home Depot in Newark Ohio. It was 349.00 with no stand. It looks like they redesigned it so they do not need the Sure Lock system and it has 3 blades instead of 2. More info later. I hope it is at least as good as the old model. I went to purchase the 1300 and they only had the R4330 in stock. I will be very upset if it turns out to be a dud!
        Last edited by rjhalsey; 06-28-2007, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Still workin on getting this up.

Comment

Rigid still has the old information on their web site.

Comment

Man I just bought my 1300 in May. Sure wish I would have known about this one. I'd much rather have 3 blades rather than the 2. I'm bummed.
              No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Well that figures...I've been waiting for the 4th of July, hoping there will be a sale because I was going to get the TP1300LS, and now there may be a new one coming out. It's like Blackjack sometimes, hit or stay, you know?

Comment

I did find this http://www.atlantichomejournal.com/index.html

Comment

I called my local HD (east bay area, CA) and asked if the R4330 was in stock. After several minutes of muffled muttering the HD employee proclaimed, "It says we have three." I said, "Great, I'll be down this afternoon." I'm not sure what "It" she was referring to.

I got to HD and met with the tool corral guy and related my conversation with the other employee over the phone. He said, "Oh yeah, I was standing right next to her," and led me past the row of dusty/rusty stationary tool aisle to a stack of three boxes of TP1300L's.

Needless to say I was disappointed yet not surprised. I asked him about the R4330 and he said, "Oh, we haven't gotten those in yet."

Oh well, I can wait a little longer.
                    Ern

Comment

Does anyone know what the major differences are between the 2 models? I haven't had a chance to open mine yet but I do know the 4330 has 3 blades and it looks like they changed the dust collection system.

Comment

I thought it wasn't out yet? Do they introduce items throughout the country at different times? I'd be real interested to know what you think of it when you do get a chance to play with it.

Comment

rjhalsey,
                          Please keep us up to date on your new planer. And congrats on your new toy. A new planer is on my short list of new toys/tools.
                          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Add me to the list, I went by, hoping for a 4th of July sale, as I have a bunch of rough walnut that needs planing. from what I can tell on the package- 3 blades, no stand, new DC, no longer is the extra set of knives.

really not much else on the box. listed at $350. I know the old planer had several good reviews, I can only hope ridgid continued with their previous quality products, but who knows.

I'd love to hear from someone who has used it.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmm - will the old one be going on sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X