X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcarr184
    started a topic New Ridgid Thickness Planer R4330

New Ridgid Thickness Planer R4330

2007 International builders show / Release date July 2007/ Price range $379.00 <------ Same as the old one so Josh is this a for shure thing on the release date and if so when will it accualy hit the shelves of HD need to know just bought one of the older modles this last weekend it will be going back if this will be on the shelves in July???????????????????????????????????

P.S. and why is it not in the new products list on the website? since it comes out next month in less than 30 days.
    Last edited by mcarr184; 06-26-2007, 04:58 AM.

• res057
    replied
    Re: New Ridgid Thickness Planer R4330

Originally posted by erngum View Post
    I've been waiting for my HD to get a 4330 in stock since this post started (June 07) and still no luck. I walked into HD last Sat. and saw that they had torn apart the old tool displays, and put up the new "photo only" displays. I went to the Ridgid bench top tool display "photo gallery" and behold... The TP1300 planer and nothing else. I was fed up.

Since then Sears has restocked the Craftsman 21759 and with the Craftsman club discount, the sale price, $5 shipping and CA sales tax the total damage was $471.

I expect UPS to throw my new planer at my door hopefully this Friday. I have high hopes for this planer. The latest issue of American Woodworker rated it an editors choice along side the Dewalt 735 (over $500 price range). The 4330 was also an editors choice in the under $400 price range. I wonder how they found one to test.

Ern
    I have completely given up on this planer. Ridgid can thank Home Depot for the loss of this sale.

Leave a comment:

• rprice54
    replied

i found a guy who would surface my wood for me cheap, it will be over 1500 board feet before I get up to the $400 price tag.

Leave a comment:

• erngum
    replied

I've been waiting for my HD to get a 4330 in stock since this post started (June 07) and still no luck. I walked into HD last Sat. and saw that they had torn apart the old tool displays, and put up the new "photo only" displays. I went to the Ridgid bench top tool display "photo gallery" and behold... The TP1300 planer and nothing else. I was fed up.

Since then Sears has restocked the Craftsman 21759 and with the Craftsman club discount, the sale price, $5 shipping and CA sales tax the total damage was $471.

I expect UPS to throw my new planer at my door hopefully this Friday. I have high hopes for this planer. The latest issue of American Woodworker rated it an editors choice along side the Dewalt 735 (over $500 price range). The 4330 was also an editors choice in the under $400 price range. I wonder how they found one to test.

Ern
    Last edited by erngum; 09-17-2007, 02:01 AM. Reason: Typos

Leave a comment:

• erngum
    replied

Originally posted by JWMustang View Post
    Wow, that Sears price is high. Is it worth all that?
    It's on sale for 4 something... but out of stock. Must be some kind of planer conspiracy.

Ern

Leave a comment:

• JWMustang
    replied

Wow, that Sears price is high. Is it worth all that?

Leave a comment:

• erngum
    replied

I've given up on the Ridgid. After shopping around some more I'm now leaning toward the Dewalt 735 or the Steel City 13" model. I finally noticed that the R4330 is only a single speed planer and I wanted a two speed. I've also looked at a newer Craftsman three blade. two speed which comes with feed tables and a dust bag.

http://steelcitytoolworks.com/produc...y=9&tool=40200

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00921759000

Leave a comment:

• res057
    replied

Well, they are building a new home depot here (that'll make 3 within 15 miles of each other, same as the 3 lowes) maybe the new store will get some fresh inventory. Hopefully they pull in some fresh blood and not just transfer the bad attitudes from the existing stores.

Leave a comment:

• CWSmith
    replied

Res057,

My store here in Corning, NY has had it for over a month... so believe me, it's out there. Problem is, the store's are either too ignorant or too lazy to want to know. My experience has been that stores on the west coast usually get the new stuff first, and my small local HD is usually one of the last to get the tool. Perhaps this particular item is an exception

I actually called the Customer Service number in Atlanta to express my concerns as to why the new stuff isn't put on the floor until the last of the older models are completely gone. They just switched me off to the local store manager, who expressed complete and total ignorance of any kind of problem. Stating quite clearly that they had NO IDEA of when new products were available or even there... because IT usually had the same SKU# and was therefore "JUST INVENTORY" to them. (Surely, how could any customer illogically expect anything from Home Depot like knowing what products they sell, Sheeeech??? )

CWS

Leave a comment:

• res057
    replied

I'm still waiting to find the machine. Beginning to think it's just another urban legend
    The local home depot "tool expert" still knows nothing about it and is too lazy or not bright enough to find out anything.

Leave a comment:

• klefkow
    replied

So, where can you get the blades for the new planer from and how much do they cost?

Leave a comment:

• Dauns
    replied

Originally posted by erngum View Post
    I called my local HD (east bay area, CA) and asked if the R4330 was in stock. After several minutes of muffled muttering the HD employee proclaimed, "It says we have three." I said, "Great, I'll be down this afternoon." I'm not sure what "It" she was referring to.

I got to HD and met with the tool corral guy and related my conversation with the other employee over the phone. He said, "Oh yeah, I was standing right next to her," and led me past the row of dusty/rusty stationary tool aisle to a stack of three boxes of TP1300L's.

Needless to say I was disappointed yet not surprised. I asked him about the R4330 and he said, "Oh, we haven't gotten those in yet."

Oh well, I can wait a little longer.
    Ern
    Really unfortunate
    have a nice everyday

Leave a comment:

• res057
    replied

I got the same e-mail from entering the Ridgid Power Trip sweepstakes.

Leave a comment:

• DWfromUK
    replied

I'm in the same boat as you CW and have been wondering the same things. The other differences between the two planers is that the R4330 does not come with a base or extra set of knives. I wonder what Ridgid will be charging for a set of 3 knives and if they will still be HHS??

BTW How did you get an e-mail ofering a $50 giftcard?? Rather nice.

Cheers DW

Leave a comment:

• CWSmith
    replied

I've had my TP1300 for about four weeks now, as I bought the last one in the store. I received an E-mail last week offering a $50 gift card, so went in and had my receipt exchanged so it would fall within the date requirements. So, bottom line on the TP1300 is now $300.

Of course I'd still like to hear some opinions on the new R4330 and whether or not it really is worth getting, as opposed to the great reputation that the "1300" already has.

The local store has the R4330, and from what I can tell from the box, the improvements are the 3-blade cutter, slightly faster RPM, and a different design on the dust chute. They've also done away with the manual lock on thickness adjustment. (Not sure if that is an improvement or not.)

I bought the "1300" without seeing the 4330, because it was the last one available and I was concerned that TTI might cheapen the new model the way they did with the Ryobi product.

All the reviews I've read on the 1300 were very positive and likewise there's been a lot of positive comments about the smoothness of the cut. So, I figure that ought to be good enough and some light sanding should bring a board up to any level of improvement that 3-blades might offer. Also, my thoughts are that if I'm gonna nick a set of blades, replacing three will be somewhat more expensive than two. (Am I wrong in that assumption?)

I still have 90-days, should someone point out some real positives of the 4330, over the 1300 (which is still sealed in the box, by the way). The only problem is I also need to hold off on the rebate and the LLSA registration until I'm absolutely positive of my choice.

This is my first (and most likely "only") thickness planer that I will ever purchase, so I'd like to get it right. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 07-27-2007, 12:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X