Blades Fall out of Jigsaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades Fall out of Jigsaw

OK .... the noob has got a bag of new cordless power tools and can't figure out how to keep the blades in his Rigid cordless jigsaw. My old corded one has a screw clamping the blade. This new one has a clamp setup with a lever. I clamp it in then it falls out after a few strokes into the cut. Do I need a special type of blade?

Feeling rather dumb right now
    Last edited by CoastlandB; 06-27-2007, 11:01 AM.
    Bill
    Wait till you talk to me in person ... it gets worse!

Re: Blades Fall out of Jigsaw

The blade mechanism being brand new is still a little stiff. What is happening is that you're not actually seating the blade all the way into the the holder and it isn't locking in. Give the blade an extra little push to fully seat it. You should be able to "feel" it seating itself. After some time goes by, the locking mechanism will become much easier to use.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Thanks Dave,

I'll work it a bit harder into the seat. Got frustrated and grabbed the corded one without giving it a hard look after the third time I had to pick up the blade.
      Bill

Comment

Dave is right on with new saws being tight. But the new saw does use a different type blade than your corded one. There are 3 types of blades universal shank, T style shank and bayonet shank make sure you are using the right one for the saw.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Actually sounds like you're trying to use older U-shank style blades in the new saw. You need T-shank type blades for the new saw.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

I guess I should have asked at the store. Just like asking directions I guess. T Shank works like a hot damn!
            Bill

Comment

Good call Velosapien. Double thumbs up!
              ================================================== ====
              All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Isn't the blade holder the same as the corded R3120? I have the R3120 and it holds both types of blades.

Comment

Working...
                X