Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Multi Bay "Universal" Battery Charger

These guys stole MY idea.

This is claimed to charge all battery chemistries at all typical power tool battery voltages and do so quickly.

Is this the holy grail of battery chargers?
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: NEW Multi Bay "Universal" Battery Charger

Wow.. that is very cool. Cant believe someone didnt come out with that earlier. Wonder how efficient it is?

Comment

Whew! a bit pricey, $349 is the lowest I could find it for:

http://www.toolking.com/10ctechnologies_10cac02.aspx

I could only find adapters ($19.99) for post type nicad/nimh batteries. I could not find any Ridgid, Makita lithium, or Ryobi adapters. The minimum voltage range is 12-18v so my Ridgid 9.6v nicad and Bosch 10.8v lithiums are out of the game. I saw on one site that the Makita lithium adapters are coming soon. I'm not too concerned about the Ryobi adapters, but the my Makita and Bosch lithiums are what I use most nowadays. I'll have to put this thing on my wish list and wait for the Makita/Ridgid adapters. Nice find Phil!
      Ern

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
        Whew! a bit pricey, $349 is the lowest I could find it for:

http://www.toolking.com/10ctechnologies_10cac02.aspx

I could only find adapters ($19.99) for post type nicad/nimh batteries. I could not find any Ridgid, Makita lithium, or Ryobi adapters. The minimum voltage range is 12-18v so my Ridgid 9.6v nicad and Bosch 10.8v lithiums are out of the game. I saw on one site that the Makita lithium adapters are coming soon. I'm not too concerned about the Ryobi adapters, but the my Makita and Bosch lithiums are what I use most nowadays. I'll have to put this thing on my wish list and wait for the Makita/Ridgid adapters. Nice find Phil!
        Ern
        I'd buy one if they had better support for Ridgid, B&D, Ryobi and supported a wider range of voltages....10.8v to 36v.

Comment

Originally posted by Disaster View Post
          I'd buy one if they had better support for Ridgid, B&D, Ryobi and supported a wider range of voltages....10.8v to 36v.
          Precisely my thinking. I suspect they would move more product if they would market a little bit more. It seems they've been out long enough to make it to various vendors but it took a good while for tool junkies like those of us on this forum to stumble across the thing. I know the big box stores don't want to sell them to preserve OEM charger sales (Like Ryobi, of which I have three) and the big brands would surely complain. One ad in a few woodworking magazines would go far.
          Ern

Comment

Working...
          X