X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer Hose

Never had a pressure washer before so last fall I decided it was time to get one. They sure are handy little things to have around and I regret not buying one years ago.

The one part that I hate on it though is the stock hose that came with it. The thing is stiff as a board and is generally a pain to use. I'm wondering if this is something I'll just have to put up with or are there after market hoses available that are more flexible? If there are, any suggestions as to what brands/types are best would be appreciated.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Pressure Washer Hose

Dave, if this is one of the small electric washers then you are pretty much stuck with the stiff tubing thast came with it. If you have one of the better gas engine units then they do sell replacement hoses that are a lot better. Look in the Lawn & garden section at HD or Lowes. They cartry upgrade hoses and wands for the gas units.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I put a 50' Karcher extension hose on my electric, makes the original crappy hose much easier to deal with. you could also change out the entire hose and gun.

Comment

Thanks guys, this is the unit I have. The main reason I was wondering about the after market hoses was that there seemed to be different grades available based on the ones I looked at. As they don't come cheap, I didn't want to spend a lot of money and end up with basically what I have now.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

hi badger
          I viewd your presure washer , you need to contact a car wash supplier in your area .your local car wash uses 1500 psi pumps and hoses and need to be repaired all the time .
          google a company called "amazon hose " ,they sell all kind sof hose .or a farm supply place they will have a 1 wire braid hose with a operating psi of 3000 and aburst of 12,000.get some quick fits and you are good to go

Comment

Northern Tool carries a number of replacment hoses.. but it does not state how flexible they are (in the catalog). Their cust service might be able to give a suggestion if you give them a call. I was wondering the same thing after washing my deck last weekend. For the limited amount of times I use the washer.. I can put up with the crappy hose. It also annoys me that the hose won't wind for storage very well. If I were to use one more frequently, then I would be willing to spring for a new one.

Comment

Try your local hose and hydraulics shop. they can custom make you a hose to length, and not as expensive as you may think!

Comment

Working...
              X