MVP Portable battery/jump starter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP Portable battery/jump starter

I must of inadvertantly left my MVP on when I stored it. It was totally dead when I got it out for it's bi yearly charging. The low power light would only light briefly. After 24 hours of charging(come w/ a little AC/DC adapter) when turned on the low powerr light will light. If I keep charging it will it ever get to the meduim charge(light will light) or the high charge mark(last light in a series of three). Should I just scrap it and accept my loss.???
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: MVP Portable battery/jump starter

Rather than trashing it, you should be able to open it up and replace the battery inside at a lower cost than to buy the whole thing. If you can gain access to the battery let me know all the info on it and I bet I can help you obtain a good replacement.

Most Jump Starters use a sealed lead-acid battery and if they are totally run down and let sit the battery becomes pretty worthless. Under federal law the battery must be taken to a battery dealer (automotive) to be recycled. Do NOT place such in the trash. Please don't
    Last edited by Woussko; 07-18-2007, 09:06 AM.

Comment

a new 12 volt battery for that is approx. $20. it will be just like new and you can get a better higher capacity battery once you have the specs. i have a couple comparable units and the battery is meant to be replaced.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I will let you know!!!!

Comment

Akita

You have my regular e-mail address and more. Keep in contact as I have several very good sources for this type of battery. They can ship directly to you if you call them with needed info and a major credit card. I can also work with them and with you on this. I'm pretty sure you have local sources as well. Which brand and model do you have. Tech support may be able to give me the info I need to figure out a proper replacement and as Rick said there are better than origional replacement batteries out there.

Comment

QP-17;Q power. I will bring to my local battery wharehouse. Thanks!!!

Comment

Since the batery quote was $45.99 and the unit is 6 years old;I purchased this!!!!http://www.amazon.com/Xantrex-852-20...01&pf_rd_i=ybh Figure since I have no generator this would come in handy in case of no power!!!!Thanks for the advice all!!!!

Comment

A little on the heavy side, but I like that it has a 12 Volt 28 Amp Hr battery. Most have a 12-20 Amp Hr battery until you go high end. In a way I hate to confess but for jump starting I use a group 27 Marine battery in a tuff plastic case and good heavy duty jumper cables. That gets the job done for sure. Even for many Diesel engine Pickups unless they use a 24 Volt system.

Comment

No pain/no gain!!!!!Bought bigger so in case of black out things run longer!!!!

Comment

I have an MVP jump starter (and no instructions). Don't know if there's a problem or if I'm doing something wrong. The charger seems dicey somehow, and when disconnected I get only three of the four power-up lights on, however long I've left it charging.

When I connect up to the car battery, I switch on the jump starter - making the round dial thing light up at the front, but I get no effect, not able to start the car.

Any clues anyone?

Comment

My VFD was going to toss out our MVP I-6550 because someone lost the fuse holder. Where can I get a replacement one and a charger for the box itself? Any suggestions?
                      Travis Jones - "stay low"
                      Alabama

Comment

Working...
                      X