X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400-1 motor is shot

My TS2400-1 is over just warranty and the motor is shot (armature). I'm a do-it-yourselfer and the saw hasn't been used much and still looks like new. It's the most expensive tool I've ever purchased and replaced a 15 yr. old el cheapo tablesaw that never gave me any trouble. The repair shop says the armature is broken. They said it's a poorly made part. I see the motor part number has been updated to a different number and I'm assuming there was a quality problem that's been upgraded. Has anyone else had motor problems? Any chance there's an extended warranty or hidden recall on this motor??

Re: TS2400-1 motor is shot

If you have the receipt register it for the LSA, you will need to call in because I doubt you still have the box with the UPC. Many people toss the box before they realize they need it to register for the LSA so a phone call will fix it.

Comment

That should be covered under warranty regardless.

Comment

LSA means?
        Problem is I can't find the receipt. I did register the waranty Feb. 15,04. I still have to talk to the authorized repair place. I had it at another shop that recommended I go to them.

Comment

I got a reply from customer service. Power tools do NOT have a lifetime warranty. It's 3 years. They say that unfortunately, failures happen and if I'm beyond the 3 years it's up to me to pay the repair costs. The thing that burns me is that they know the motor is poorly made as it's replacement has been upgraded. I'm just sick over this. I could have bought 3 cheap portable table saws for what I paid for this one , in fact, the repair cost alone is more than the cost of a cheaper portable table saw on sale right now at the local Canadian Tire Store.

Comment

LSA = Lifetime Service Agreement. If the saw is Registered with Ridgid you may still have a shot at a free repair, call customer service and ask. Sometimes the service shops do not know or care to inform you of the manufacturers programs

Comment

Well I've e-mailed customer service again to ask why I don't have the LSA when I registered the purchase on line when I bought the tool.

Comment

Murray, I registered all my tools online then TTI tech support took over and all the records that Ridgid had were trashed. All my tools were registered before the E-Box or LSA were thought of
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Working...
                X