X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18v Rigid drill switch?

I own a 1/2" drive 18 volt Rigid Drill, The variable speed on the drill doesn't work. I have exchanged it 2 times now. This time the variable speed stopped working after the warranty period. Anyone else having this reoccurring problem? I don't think I would buy another one if they cant make a product that doesn't last.

Also my battery's don't hold a charge for very long anymore either, Which is another major problem.

This is the only Rigid I own, All the rest are Milwaukee drills and I have never had a problem with any of the 4 I own.

Thanks,
    Ken

Re: 18v Rigid drill switch?

How old is the drill? Was it purchased before the Ridgid Lifetime Service Agreement? I seem to remember some previous posts about a problem with the 18V Nicad drill trigger switch. Do a search on that and see what you come up with.

Comment

I have owned two 18 volt drills And know people who own them and all of them Have the same Switch problem. My last one died all together. I WILL NOT buy another one!

Comment

Originally posted by kengod View Post
        I own a 1/2" drive 18 volt Rigid Drill, The variable speed on the drill doesn't work. I have exchanged it 2 times now. This time the variable speed stopped working after the warranty period. Anyone else having this reoccurring problem? I don't think I would buy another one if they cant make a product that doesn't last.

Also my battery's don't hold a charge for very long anymore either, Which is another major problem.

This is the only Rigid I own, All the rest are Milwaukee drills and I have never had a problem with any of the 4 I own.

Thanks,
        Ken
        Hey Ken
        We have had problems with the switch going out and killing the battery at the same time. We sent the drill back at HD and in a couple of weeks we got the drill back with a new battery. I did notice that it took several time before the battery would hold a charge for an extended time. they are all doing great now. I would think that the switch problem should have been solved by now.
        See Ya
        Okie
        Have fun and the day will take care of itself.

Comment

Working...
        X