X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ridgid wet saw

you're speaking about HD. usually out of stock. my local store had a display which they would not sell ( $ 697.00 ). they are on order with no ETA. go fiigure

Comment

Speaking as a newbie, I am currently shopping for a tile/paver saw, I thought belt driven motor is always more preferrable than universal motor (more power, more reliable, longer motor life, etc..)? Hence I am leaning towards a MK100 for ~$600 ... but am surpise to find many of us are all over this ~$700 saw dispite of it's universal motor.

What am i missing? Like to learn ...

Comment

Can anyone tell me when and if the tile saw will be on sale in canada? I tried customer service and Margaret gave me the number for ridgid plumbing. I called that number and it was no good.

Comment

I saw it in HD today ... it looks REAL impressive.. the slide is butter smooth. It is a WOW.

If $$$$ is no factor ... but unfortunately it is a factor in my case... and I don't think I got to use tile saw a lot ....

But is seems to be a really nice piece of equipment ...

Originally posted by Wagon Man View Post
          Speaking as a newbie, I am currently shopping for a tile/paver saw, I thought belt driven motor is always more preferrable than universal motor (more power, more reliable, longer motor life, etc..)? Hence I am leaning towards a MK100 for ~$600 ... but am surpise to find many of us are all over this ~$700 saw dispite of it's universal motor.

What am i missing? Like to learn ...

Comment

Hi Yall,

Just wanted to let you know, Stay away from Mk products! Well the wet saws at lest. I have been a Tile man for a numbers of year and bought a Mk 101 because it was the most economical wet saw at the time. The way the tray slides is a pain, needs constant cleaning and lubrication, through the years I must have spent a total of months cleaning and oiling the slide, + it never cuts true, no matter how much I adjust the rail. I don't know about the Rigid though it looks pretty nice!

P.S. Belt driven saws have an issue of bearings drying out, (Pain in the kester to replace!) or at least in my MK!

Comment

I bilyk,
              You can get a hold of the wet saw customer service, the number is (866) 9-RIDGID. That number came with my saw, and they should be able to help you out...

Comment

Hello all. I used this saw for the first time this week and it performs great! I did 900 sq ft in 3/4 time. NICE! Very well thought out but like all things there is a down side. It has a small design flaw and I wrote some feedback to the company so I thought I'd paste it here for you folks to be of help. The saw is easily modified to fix the issue but I didn't feel I should have to do that.

Here's the paste:

Important Feedback: The rear drip tray is too short and allows water to drip onto the rear pan lip and ultimately onto the floor (even when machine is set up out of level to try and compensate). This renders your machine useless for condo work (That's a $700 saw I have to modify). Please make the drip edge of the pan longer so water spills past the tray and into the reservoir. Also the rear drip pan could use a steeper pitch as wind from the motor is a factor here. In redesigning your saw I suggest increasing the pitch (the is plenty of room) also a side tray would be nice to catch water. At least lengthen the pan (the drip end) so water doesn't spill all over. Additionally, I would add rail brushes to sweep away debris for smooth operation (that would just be nice). At this juncture I can ONLY use your saw out in the grass. This is obviously a design flaw which was grossly overlooked. I cannot imagine a team of testers would have failed to complained about a clean up mess every time this saw gets fired up. It begins dripping profusely within 30 seconds of operation. If left on continuously for 15 minutes water must be added to keep the pump going! I would expect for this price that you recall this part or send everyone an extension kit or something. I would be happy to design you a new tray if need be. On a side note I didn't expect the saw to be air cooled and thus extremely loud like a skill saw. Tile saws I have owned in the past were heat sink cooled, quiet and water tight. Aside from those topics, the saw is absolutely the finest I have ever used. A great tool by your engineers. The water transport and tilting and plunging mechanisms are top notch in this price range. I really appreciate all the attention to detail on this machine. However the bottom line still remains: If a business owner cannot take his tool into a condo or on a patio or driveway for that matter without worry of cleanup liability, your saw is a $700.00 door stop for his garage. Please fix this and send me a revised tray.
                ______

Well there you have it folks. (I doubt I'll get a better tray in the mail but it was worth asking). I hope they revise the tray or the pan to accomodate this issue. As for me I'll probably modify this thing myself by bolting a rubber flap on the end of chassis between the drip pan and the reservior to prevent blowback from sending water all over the floor. I like the saw that much that I'm keping it. Blessings to all

Dave Blake

Comment

I like my Rigid tile saw, but the wheels on the saw stand are not up to par. The Rigid miter saw has great wheels that can go through mud, grass, up stairs etc... However, for $700, the design of the wheels on the saw stand is bordering on stupid. Also, when the saw is folded up, it won't stand up like the miter saw stand does so it takes up more room in my shop. I love the saw but the stand is pitiful.

Comment

Working...
                  X