X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid wet saw

saw an ad in home depot.anybody know da price????????is it any good????
    im sure it is if ridgid makes it.im a tile layer among other things but thats my bread and butter.if anybody has any information please share!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thank you.

Re: ridgid wet saw

The tile saw should be out in the next few weeks. Sorry, I don't know the price. I think it is a great unit that will hopefully make your jobs easier. We are putting it up on the web, hopefully today.

Comment

Wow, that looks like a nice saw. I am just starting to look for a WTS. Wife is on the tile kick and I can see some work for me in the near future. I will have to look close at it the next time I am in HD. I had my mind set on a bridge saw as I will need to cut large tiles.

I think that it would be great if RIDGID would post information on upcoming new products here on the Forum so we could become aware of them. I know it could not be too early but as in this case where ProBrand has offered some information that is great. Info on the WTS2000Lup IS on the site now so I brought over a small photo so everyone can see what it looks like.

Last edited by Bob D.; 10-19-2007, 04:56 PM.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Oooh that looks very nice. I'm looking for a good wet saw and this might just fit the bill.

Comment

Glad I didn't buy a Dewalt yet. I like the stand and the compact size compared to the dewalt. The dewalt is nice but it takes up a lot of room and it a lot to take down and set up. I hope the price is right. I have two MKs right know 770 and 101.

Comment

Damn it, I had no idea and I just bought a tile saw last week, because I need it this week.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I also was thinking about a bridge saw to do 18"+ tiles...I'm not going to buy more than one saw, so if I want to do a wide range of sizes, would this type work?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightgar View Post
                I also was thinking about a bridge saw to do 18"+ tiles...I'm not going to buy more than one saw, so if I want to do a wide range of sizes, would this type work?
                The link above says it will "easily" cut 24" tile and 18" tile on the diagonal.

Comment

Hello everybody! ..... i just saw this wet saw at Home depot today .I'm going to buy it tommorw...... i don't how long is gonn'a last but it looks like a heavy duty machine and the price i think is great $695 + Tax.I will let you know very soon how it works.
                  Last edited by dracula; 08-14-2007, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Whoa... $695, that's more than I was expecting but then again I have only seen what is available on the web site, I was in HD this past weekend and they don't have the saw yet, only a sign with less info than the web page and no price listed. as usual no one in Flooring knew anything. To say the least I was floored by this (pun intended).
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

Well thats still quite cheaper than say, the Dewalt wet saw especially when considering it includes the cart but I was also hoping for it to be a little less than that.

Comment

Ok..... i purchased this wet saw today and i love it. You can cut 24" tiles, It makes perfect cuts but you have to change the blade, the blade that comes with it is no damn good,at list not for marble or granite.The other think that some people may not like this wet saw is a litle bit noisyer than other tile saws because is higher speed motor but overall I'm happy with my purchase I would give this wet saw a 9.

Comment

I was wondering about the noise level as I see in the photos that it is direct drive.

A high noise level will be a big negative for me that will be hard to overcome.

Do you have much trouble controlling spray during cutting or splash out of the tray?

Does the trya have a drain plug, I don't remember if there was mention of that.
                          Last edited by Bob D.; 08-15-2007, 09:48 PM.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

No ....i don't have that much trouble controlling the water spray... the pump comes with a valve so you can control the water volume . it.does have a tray plug.... but is just like any other wet saw it splashes some water and you still have to put a tarp underneath.What is good for me may not be good for you so I would suggest you to test it before you buy it.

Comment

Does this new wet saw have the plunge cut feature??

Comment

Working...
                              X