New Ridgid 3020 reciprocating saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Ridgid 3020 reciprocating saw

The new Ridgid 3020 just started showing up around here about a week ago. They are going for $149. Compared to the old one it really looks like a very burly saw. Its big with a massive front casing. Makes the old one look like a toy. I don't know how it compares internally but it really looks like Ridgid might have significantly improved the front end guts. I ended up passing on it though. I can't deal with the blade lever location. Unless you're left handed that thing sticks out right where you'd want to place your hand. Really inconvenient, not to mention fragile looking lever. I ended up going with the PC 9748. For $119 it was just a much better deal.

Also, looking at Dewalts saws I noticed they dumped their own models. The new ones look exactly like Porter Cable tiger saws. They just add or take of some small features like the variable speed dial and orbital setting.

Comment

I took a look at the new Ridgid today. Very well balanced. It would be nice if it had a dial adjusted speed control which I really prefer. Otherwise, it looks like a great saw.

Ern

Comment

Checked it out. I don't like the large body casing, very bulky. At $149 its in line with the competition, for now, I will keep my old Craftsman.

Comment

I tried it out, and it was pretty solid. The funky angle adjustment to the saw itself makes it a treat to use for stuff above your head. All in all though, I'm a cordless kinda guy, and I opted instead to go with the MaxSelect cordless recip. That way, everything stays on par and works with my 18V Lithium Ion batteries. I only use a recip a 1/2 dozen times per year, if that, so the cordless freedom was more inportant to me than anything.

Also....all my tools match then with the MaxSelect.

Comment

I have had one problem with the saw.

The blade release broke when trying to use it. The body is a casting at that pivot and it gave way. I am yet to try and have this repaired or seen to by a rigid repairer but it is something that makes me wary. I have the cordless version and am not sure if they are different. I also have a corded porter cable with a twist release which I feel is the best release I have seen on these tools.

Comment

Working...
            X