X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta 31-695 stationary disc/belt sander

For anyone who needs/wants one;they are on clearance at Lowes for $45.80 (they were regularly $229). I got one!!!!!! I'll report to you all how well it works!!!!!!
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Delta 31-695 stationary disc/belt sander

Akita,

That is a wild deal/find for sure. I bet if you bought them all up, that later on you could sell them for $100+ on Flea Bay if you wanted to. Maybe a live auction would work better for selling them.

Info on Delta 31-695: http://www.deltaportercable.com/Prod...roductID=11466

I haven't used this model and thus can't say if it's good or junk, but having used a similar stationary belt-disc sander and can say that they are super handy for anyone into woodworking.

My bet is once you get it setup, you'll fall in love with it. Take your time and use care. It pays off to be careful setting up new machinery.
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-07-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I dont have the Delta that you are speaking of, but I have a Ryobi(I already know, dont say it) that a friend gave me.

I must say that is is used quite often in the shop, I got a variety of belts/discs for it and although small, it is very handy.

At that price, its a steal for someone who does not own a sander of this type.

Regards,

Comment

anyone else seen these. I would love to pick one up for my dad.

Comment

One is left at my Lowes. I will let my father in law know. He has one though. Packaging looks shabby but sander should be fine(no exposed parts from ripped box).

Comment

Josh

Grab one at that price for yourself too. Later on you could sell it for a nice profit.

I wish I had more space as I would go to every Lowes in my area and grab them up. That's after getting one and checking it over carefully to be sure they don't have any serious defects in design or such. There has to be a reason Lowes is selling them off cheap.

Comment

I checked at the Lowes that is literally in my backyard. They do not have em. I got mine at the lowes that is close to my place of employment!!!For some reason the Lowes close to work has more oddball clearance items. So the delta may not be at all the Lowes.

Comment

Akita

Maybe you are just a lucky guy that found one of them on special. Do let us all know how you like/don't like it after you've put it to work.

Comment

Seems likely. My local Lowe's didn't have them either.

Comment

I assembled it! It runs just ok(a little rough).Not overally impressed w/ the build quality. My tainanese made 22-580 delta planer is made so much better!!!!!!!!Glad I didn't pay $229 for it!!!!According to amazon reveiws these sanders have motor/bearing issues. But for $45 dollars and some odd change it's worth trying out. It will be better than flipping my 9910 makita (3x18)belt sander over and using it as a statrionary sander.

Comment

Working...
                    X