X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in the world can you buy these?

Looking to buy the dual voltage circular saw (R885), impact driver (R8823), and the 24 V, starter kit. I've looked at most all of the preferred vendor list and can't find these products. I'm not looking for a kit. I don't think there is one for the dual voltage products anyway. I would prefer to buy online. Can anyone tell me where to find these items. If local vendors are the only way, does anybody know of one in Birmingham, AL?

Re: Where in the world can you buy these?

Ridgid power tools are sold exclusively at Home Depot. If you want to order online you'll have to do it through their webpage but I would recommend you buy directly at the store since the prices are generally the same and you'd have to pay shipping.

Comment

But they don't have the products on their website or my local stores.

Comment

their site search sucks... try just searching for ridgid then going from there.

Comment

look under "ridgid 24 volt" on ebay. i check it out all the time

Comment

I live in Mobile, Alabama. (about 4 hrs. south of you) All of these are available at any one of four Home Depots in the area. In fact, one of them still had an R932 kit marked at clearance a couple of weeks ago...$379 for the four piece kit. An awesome deal! I bought one a few months back and have not regreted it once! These are the BEST CORDLESS TOOLS hands down! Anyway, drive down here if you cant find them in Birmingham...oh, and bring your fishing rod...THE FISHING IS REALLY GOOD HERE!
            Good luck!
            Nick

Comment

I recently bought the R8823 Dual Voltage Impact Driver and went to use it and experienced it not to be that great. Why? That is what I am trying to figure out. Question: Could it be because the batteries it takes I do not have. I only have the 18V Max. Used the drill and noticed the screws were not going in as fast as the 4 14.4 impacts I have. Ended up putting the R8823 Dual Voltage Impact Driver back in the trailer and used my 14.4 to finish the job.

Am I not using the correct 18v battery?

Comment

Originally posted by eibli1cj View Post
                I recently bought the R8823 Dual Voltage Impact Driver and went to use it and experienced it not to be that great. Why? That is what I am trying to figure out. Question: Could it be because the batteries it takes I do not have. I only have the 18V Max. Used the drill and noticed the screws were not going in as fast as the 4 14.4 impacts I have. Ended up putting the R8823 Dual Voltage Impact Driver back in the trailer and used my 14.4 to finish the job.

Am I not using the correct 18v battery?
                The specs on my R8823 states it will run on the 18 or 24V LI batteries or the 18 2.5Ah Nicad. It seems like the impact should workfine with you're 18V batteries. I have only used mine with the 18V LI batteries and it performs very well. I can easily bury the head on a 4" deck screw. The only problem I can imagine would be if you're batteries are worn out and don't hold a full charge. If your batteries are good I would return the 8823 and exchange it or if you have a Ridgid repair dealer take it in and have it checked.
                Good luck..Ray

Comment

the 14.4 impact driver is a great tool. i believe it has more torque than the max select impact driver. your max select driver should work with all ridgid 18v and 24 volt batteries.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                  X