Where's the jobsite radio?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the jobsite radio?

So they finally came out with the cordless vac. Now when is the jobsite radio coming out?

Re: Where's the jobsite radio?

actually the vac has been out for over 8 months that i know of

Comment

Ask broncobrit, he knows all about it.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

If it doesn't have a CD player in it like the Ryobi does, I would'nt waste the bucks on it.
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

I know this one isn't what you're looking for, but please take a look at it anyway. This is one nice jobsite radio-charger and more. Maybe sometime we will see the RIDGID version of this come out, but don't hold your breath waiting for it.

http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/weba...oductId=733822

Comment

That is not a charger. It is just a radio with an outlet. It doesn't charge....a little patent over in Towson prevents the radio / charger thing.

Comment

Originally posted by donutboy View Post
              That is not a charger. It is just a radio with an outlet. It doesn't charge....a little patent over in Towson prevents the radio / charger thing.
              If your referring Milwaukee radio, mine has a charger in the front, and a storage bag in the back.
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

they don't make them any longer......patent violation.

Comment

I have the Bosch radio/cd/charger. I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone! MIne was accidentally left overnight on a jobsite,and it rained!! It still works great 1 year later,just hard to adjust volume,have to push it in a little more than normal.

Comment

I have the DeWalt radio/charger (came "free" with another tool) and other than the charging working fine, I would say it's a mediocre radio. Sound quality is so so, radio reception isn't that wonderful. Even in my basement it hisses up trying to grab local radio stations, where most boomboxes work just fine.

So as much as having the charger built into your radio SOUNDS good, what you want is a really good radio (like Milwaukee/Bosch) and a multibay charger separate. You have to plug both into a receptacle anyway, so why try to build it into the radio and sacrifice the quality?

I'm not sure why DeWalt would patent that idea, because it's not really a breakthrough idea to begin with.

As far as a Ridgid radio, why don't they just take the Milwaukee version and change the battery style?

Comment

I have the Makita radio and its a perfect example of what NOT to do with a radio design. Its an AM/FM radio. That's it. No cd player, mp3 input, charger, outlet, nothing. The only thing special about it is it can run off your expensive tool batteries which you will most likely need for more important things, like powering your tools and recharging. I got it for free with the combo kit and considered selling it off but I figured no one would want to buy it. Unless Ridgid can put any usefull features on their radio like a charger I'd say it's not worth it.

Comment

Are you serious?? No aux port - that is ridiculous! Way too many iPods and Satellite radios around these days to make that even worth considering. The DeWalt has an aux port, so at least they get credit for that.

Comment

Working...
                        X