X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Double Stack Compressor

I bought this compressor because of it's versatility, for framing, trim, etc. Recently I've only been working on trim and the compressor just runs way more than it should. This is a 150 psi compressor that should handle a trim nailer with ease. It constantly runs and I'm afraid the motor is going to burn up. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've called a few local repair shops with no luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

By the way, great forum you've got here, I've learned a lot in the little time I've visited.

Thanks,

Re: Ridgid Double Stack Compressor

By following links on this site,I was able to find a buncha places to service my compressor. Thanks for all the reads anyway!

Comment

Was one of them able to diagnose what your problem was?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dropped it off this morning to a repair shop. Charging me $20 to diagnose the problem. Hope he's good cuz i got a POS porter cable compressor (the combo kit) that is broken too! Guess i have pretty bad luck with compressors!! I'll let ya know what's wrong when i find out.

Comment

Well... got my compressor back 2day, haven't had a chance to test it yet!
          The cost was $85.00 parts and labor. The culprit was the piston cylinder,the guy told me this is a consistent problem with these oil-free pump compressors.He told me the gasket around the piston gets worn,thus it will not build pressure. Hope it works well now,been dealing with old beat up POS last few days!

Comment

Working...
          X