Milwaukee Battery Recall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Battery Recall

If any of you have Milwaukee 14.4 or 18 Volt, 2.4 Amp Hour Ni-Cad batteries, you would do well to get this Adobe Acrobat .PDF file and read it carefully. It gives details on which batteries are part of the recall and what action you should take.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/us/en/s...site%20PDF.pdf

Consumer Contact: For more information, contact Milwaukee Electric Tool Co. at (800) 729-3878 between 7
    a.m. and 6:30 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit their Web site at www.milwaukeetool.com

Here is a link to the same recall on the CPSC web site.
    http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07234.html
    Last edited by Woussko; 08-14-2007, 01:43 AM.

Re: Milwaukee Battery Recall

did that about four weeks ago. they mail you a fedex prepaid label and you ship them back. i had 2 that i sent in.

they had the recall posted at my plumbing supply house and that's where i first saw it.

thanks for the reminder.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Any tips on keeping the brand new batteries running at full potential?

The horrible Milwaukee battery performance is what caused me to go out and buy the Ridgid cordless kit that was on clearance. Now I get free replacement batteries for the Milwaukee? Im debating Ebaying it now that the achilles heel is fixed (at least temporarily).

-Chris

Comment

Nicads perform best when cycled almost completly. Make sure the battery is almost fully discharged before charging it. the batteries have whats called a "memory effect". Which means if you charge a half-full battery, it will only charge to half capacity.
        http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Bogus on the memory thing. New Nicds don't have a memory at all. Now the old makitas, panasonic and the XP dewalts did...but not the new stuff.

Comment

By definition all nicad batteries can develop memory. The thing is memory only tends to affect the batteries during low and slow power draw applications such as cell phones and electronics. Basically anything where the battery is drained at a very consistant and slow rate such as a cell phone on standby all day and then recharged at exactly the same point continuosly like say putting the phone on the charger at the same time everyday when you go to sleep. Power tools draw large sudden burts the vary constantly as say a cordless saw might pass through knots or different densities in the wood. That is actually very healthy for the batteries. Therefore they tend to not develop memory when used in power tool. You should however try to cycle the batteries through as much as possible. Unlike Lithium Ion, Nicad doesn't top off as well or as consistently on a partially discharged battery. Topping them off continuosly when not it use, they could possibly develop memory.
            Last edited by Velosapien; 08-14-2007, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X