Problem with Ridgid Fuego R3203

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Ridgid Fuego R3203

I just bought a Ridgid Fuego R3203 6 1/2" circular saw. What a great little saw! Except for one problem: the edge of the base is not perfectly parallel to the blade which makes it hard to use a straight-edge guide without binding in the kerf. It's not a problem if you aren't using a guide, but I usually do. So it is a problem for me. Otherwise the saw is great. Please help!
    Myself I can think of 2 options, both uncertain:
    (1) Exchange the saw for another R3203 in the hopes that the next one won't have this problem - probably unlikely.
    (2) Attempt to machine the edge of the base such that it is parallel to the blade - uncertain outcome because the base is some sort of composite material.
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Problem with Ridgid Fuego R3203

i would return the saw for a new one. i have 2 fuegos and i do not have that problem with either.

Comment

It's fine. I tried a second one and it cuts fine. All I need now is more wood...

Comment

I had the exact same problem, blade not parallel to the edge of the base. I cut a lot of 3/4 plywood with a guide, so a slight bind in the kerf is not acceptable. Home Depot exchanged for another, problem solved.

Comment

Working...
        X