24 Volt batteries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 24 Volt batteries

Check out amazon.com Last I saw they had the 36V 4-tool combo, refurbished, on for something like $500. Way less than the brand new price. That is a REALLY good deal. They are refurbished, but who really cares? You should seriously check that out if you're thinking of buying that kit.

Comment

Old howling Woussko is keeping his corded tools. I only need very few cordless. My version of cordless tools are powered by me and not batteries.

Comment

And the batteries never run out! Something that no cordless tool can say.

Comment

But the cord reach never runs out on a cordless tool.
          I wonder how long before fuel cells like this make it to tools. This should offer exponentially larger capacity than Li-ion and the size is already almost the same as a 36v battery. Currently this can power a laptop for a month at about 8 hours a day. Thats way better than the average few hours Lithium can do.
          Last edited by Velosapien; 08-24-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Yep, that's the major advantage and the fact that you're totally mobile. You can cut something, walk over 50 feet, cut something else and no tripping on the cords. Can't really beat that.

If they came out with a battery pack like that which could run a tool even for a day, you'd probably see the end of corded tools. But getting that to a reasonable price range that people would buy it is another story. Could be years away.

Comment

If you have enough batteries, you could run cordless all day.
              http://www.cgiconnection.com/download

Comment

Working...
              X