X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning tools?

Just picked up a 5-piece Ridgid set from my buddy and was wondering what is the best way to clean the tools? Some of them have a little glue/paint/marker stains on them - was wondering what is safe to use on the tools?

I know I know... they are tools... they are meant to be dirty! But I just like having clean tools when the job is done

Thanks!

Re: Cleaning tools?

Try using a Mr clean magic eraser.

Krazy

Comment

Taking care not to introduce any moisture into the housing (in other words, use something damp and not wet), use a mild detergent/cleaner and a damp rag. Where dirt and grime are imbedded, you could try an old tooth or denture brush, but be careful you don't abrade the paint too much.

I find trying to clean the rubber-like overmold to be more difficult than the painted service. The overmold material seems to grab the wrag more.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Yep, dampen a rag with something like a mild detergent and wipe it off.

Comment

I agree with you when it comes to trying to keep your tools clean. A damp rag works well for me but there's no need to go overboard with the cleaning either. If a damp rag doesn't clean off the grime then in my book it belongs there. A little grime here and there gives the tool a little character.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That's true! And then if you're working with someone who happens to have the same tools, you can tell them apart by the dirt and scapes, so you don't get them mixed up.

Comment

The only cleaning I do to all power tools ,vaccum them to remove any dust,make sure to vaccum the motor and any spaces where air is circulating.

Then whipe them with a rag.

Good as new

Comment

Blow out the motor vents with compressed air-Dust and debris will lead to damage from overheating or abrasiveness on the motors comutator.

Comment

Working...
                X